The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Test drive = new owner :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kick it into neutral and release the clutch while you wait. Center main bearing under clutch pressure is the sacrafice upon startup. Number one. No oil until reseased on the pessure side.

GA
emcrace said:
I was ready to buy the Gt with Brembo and 3.73s. Nobody would let me drive a Boss without a deal. Oh well figured I would hate myself if I did not drive the Boss and dismiss it because of the extra 8 grand. Went to the dealer plunked down a big wad and said Boss, sticker, now. Drove it and was instantly depressed. I HAVE TO HAVE THIS. Dealer bent me over in the dark and I ran away screeeeeeeming. Two days later found another at a smaller dealer showed him the wad and drove away at sticker.
The car is not perfect but it reallllllly comes close. I am a road racer and it can not compare to my Sports 2000 Lola but I can drive it every day.
The GT is a great deal but you only live once.
I got great joy when I found out to install the track key the first dealer was the guy in my area. Drove it in and while it was being installed I visited the sales vultures and walked them out to my car and asked them to take me off of thier email list.

They are making a GT an even sweeter deal this year. You can get the 2013 GT with tech package, Recaros, and the track pack for about 34-35K on X-plan. If you install a FRPP power pack and MGTAA suspension pack you are not far off performance wise from a street Boss. If I can get one at the same 0% financing that I got my 2012 on I might go for it.

TMO Supporting Vendors