The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Thunder on the Hill Sunday June 8th 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Holiday Inn Express in Willows. If it's booked I've stayed at the Days Inn before and it's clean and fine for one night. The Starbucks is right between the two hotels. ;D

There are a few that are running on Saturday and there should be about 8-10 for dinner if you get in that early. Still not sure if HOD will have a BBQ at the track or not. I'll have it all nailed down after this weekend. I'll be heading up and arriving at the track around 2:00 or maybe a bit earlier on Saturday.

Sounds great, Starbucks sounds good to me:) That track looks fast and fun as hell. I know some guys in their Ford GT's hit 160 on the straight there. Better check those brakes:)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Looks like I've worked out a deal for my buddy to tow the Boss up there. Winning! I think it's more relief that if something stupid happens, we have a way home. Haha.

Boss2273 Dave will be at Thunderhill on Sunday June 8. I was already signed up before so I did not take the new spot that opened up.

With the updated weather forecast now approaching 100 on both Sat and Sun I'm recommending that we dine in a restaurant with A/C. ::) Does anyone want to meet up?

I'm waiting to hear back to see if the track was paved this week. As of last Saturday it was not paved. :eek: Anyway if it is ready to go, and I was assured it would be, we'll literally be the first public group to use the track. I'll have my GoPro setup for video.

Dinner for Saturday:

There will be a BBQ at the track which is free for registered participants. I'm not sure what the cost is for guests. So we can eat at the track, and the track has pretty decent food, or we can make reservations at one of the three restaurants below. Please post up your preference.

Steakhouse

https://www.google.com/search?q=Old+Hiway+99+Steak+house&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=Old+Highway+99+Steakhouse&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&spell=1

Maxwell Inn

https://www.google.com/search?q=maxwell+inn&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Casa Ramos

http://www.casaramos.net/

Re: BOSS Thunder on the Hill The New 5 Mile Track Will Be Open!

Great news they completed paving the new track and we will be the first public group on it! Below are a couple of updates from the email that was just sent out. Now I'm thinking of staying for the BBQ so we can walk the track Sat evening. It would be nice to walk it before driving on it. Wait. Walking two miles on nice new BLACK asphalt when it's 100 out? :p

The 5 mile track was completed Friday. We WILL be the first group on the track. I'm calling this a "sneak peek" as the Grand Opening of the track will be for the SCCA race on June 21-22. But we will have the full new track - a lifetime experience.

There is an optional track walk on Saturday night, followed by a BBQ for $10 for anyone including guests. We'll drive to the West paddock after final checker on Saturday, have a beverage and enjoy this special setting for the first time, walk the 2 mile track, and drive back for the BBQ. We'll do another email and request an RSVP for the BBQ. All drivers for Full Weekend, Saturday only, and Sunday only and guests are invited!

I'm new to Boss Online ....but I have met a couple of people at the Sunday Blackhawk gathering last month. I am attending HOD both days and am staying at the Holiday Express starting Friday June 6th. I plan to attend the Friday nite events starting at 5:30pm. I would love to participate with fellow Boss owners as well. Originally you guys were talking about a Boss "corral" at the track staging area. I'm up for that if it is still a go. I'll be in group B. I did the 3.2 mile track in Apr. (morning was in the rain). It was a great time and I got to learn most of that track section. Cleared weather in the pm and could go full speed.

I have a 2013 Boss named Mona (all stock) in GHIG.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Rick,

It's gonna get down to like 66 Saturday night. It won't be THAT bad. We should be up there before the last round of sessions on Saturday and as soon as we agree on the food situation, we'll post our vote up here. But we'll likely just go with the consensus.

MonaBoss said:
I'm new to Boss Online ....but I have met a couple of people at the Sunday Blackhawk gathering last month. I am attending HOD both days and am staying at the Holiday Express starting Friday June 6th. I plan to attend the Friday nite events starting at 5:30pm. I would love to participate with fellow Boss owners as well. Originally you guys were talking about a Boss "corral" at the track staging area. I'm up for that if it is still a go. I'll be in group B. I did the 3.2 mile track in Apr. (morning was in the rain). It was a great time and I got to learn most of that track section. Cleared weather in the pm and could go full speed.

I have a 2013 Boss named Mona (all stock) in GHIG.
Welcome to BMO and please join our corral.

For those that are arriving on Friday can you please send me a PM with your email address. I have a small favor to ask. Thanks!

But is a dry heat....bring your walking shoes. There will be a track walk Friday evening and again on Saturday after the track goes cold. Speaking of cold, there is a rumor there will be cold beverages in the new paddock area during the track walk. Yummm!!!

ufnavy06 said:
It's gonna get down to like 66 Saturday night.

Haha yeah it's going to get down to about 70 at 5 am. I guarantee it'll be 80 at midnight! Latest WEATHER.com forecast shows 104 on Sunday in Willows.

I've got my GT500 fan on order. :p

My son and I are going to do the BBQ at the track Saturday evening. I should be at the track around 3:00 on Saturday, see you there.

"On Saturday we will have another track walk and a BBQ. No charge for the Track Walk, $10 for the BBQ. "

This just in, first video of the expanded track. This is going to be fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PxPhHvGDTu0

TMO Supporting Vendors