The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Thunder on the Hill Sunday June 8th 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For 2014 the Do The Screw In Your 302 is now BOSS Thunder on the Hill. Let's see if we can get 15 Boss 302's out there.

This should be a fun event and we'll be running the entire East/West track which is almost five miles long! I've been on the new track (in a F250 4x4) and the transition from East to West looks like it could be a very fast downhill. I can't wait to run it. This is a two day event for HOD so you're welcome to run both Saturday June 7th and Sunday June 8th. We'll get a corral setup next to the clubhouse so we can get out of the sun. This event is expected to fill up quickly so don't delay in registering. Post up if you're going.

Please include BOSS Thunder on the Hill in the additional comments box at the bottom of the registration page.

Attendees:

Fat Boss - Andy
NFSBOSS - Rick
Boss2273 - Dave
Viper1mx - Dave
SDS - Steve both days
Surfergeek - Jared
ufnavy06 - Sean
MonaBoss - Dennis Both Days

For those coming up Saturday we'll plan something for dinner. If HOD has a BBQ at the track we can participate in that or find a local restaurant. Details to follow.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/Thunderhill,_NEW_5_MILE_COURSE_-_FULL_WEEKEND,_June_7_and_8

http://www.thunderhill.com/

BTW if you want to make hotel reservations I recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Willows CA which is about 7 miles from the track.

I've also stayed at the Days Inn before and it's basic and clean.

https://www.google.com/hotels/?gl=US&cu_link=1#search;l=Willows,+California;q=willows+ca+hotels;d=2014-03-09;n=1;si=759ed79f;av=r

thunderhill-west1.jpg

Link to last years event.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4378.0

A64F6240_zpsd5cbaa69.jpg

Should be fun. I haven't been the Thunderhill yet. I'll likely drive up Sat so I'd be in for dinner.

NFSBOSS said:
Just a heads up that the local Viper club is also running with HOD this weekend so don't wait to sign up for this event as HOD expects it to sell out early. I haven't been on track with many Vipers so this could be fun. ;D

If by "fun" you mean constantly giving point by's, then yes, it could be fun! Just reg'd and booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express. I'm tracking on Sunday only but will come up mid morning Sat and have dinner with all y'all.

Drew- Offer still stands for you to park your rig and crash out here if you want. Just south of San Jose.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Fat Boss said:
Drew- Offer still stands for you to park your rig and crash out here if you want. Just south of San Jose.
Andy:
I will take you up on that for sure--PM to follow in the coming weeks. What kind of beer do you like? :)

Rick:
Just FYI, I'll probably try to show up on Friday afternoon/evening to TH or the HI-E.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Additional note, my local buddy (potentially +1 additional driver with him as well) will be pitting with me; not sure if he's going to drive his Spec Miata, supercharged Lotus, or MP4-12C for this event. But that's an additional two people we may want to consider in the overall head count.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Additional note, my local buddy (potentially +1 additional driver with him as well) will be pitting with me; not sure if he's going to drive his Spec Miata, supercharged Lotus, or MP4-12C for this event.
Tell your friend that I have experience behind the wheel with a 12C on track and I'm happy to take him for some hot laps in his 12C at TH to show him the line. ;)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Well good news. While disappointed that it's in Thunderhill (and not 10 mins away), I have that weekend free from family so there's a strong chance that I can make it up there. However, I doubt I run on Sunday (Saturday only) since I'll have to drive back but I certainly can hang out with everyone through about lunchtime probably. Gotta look into it a little more. Maybe this can be my 50th Mustang birthday since I had to bow out of that.

Rick: Maybe I can get that rim from you.

Others: After my move, it's against the covenants and restrictions to work on the car on the property (can't even wash it! BOOOO!). If some are willing to lend a hand, I'd love to take advantage of your help to get some things taken care of on my car.

Edit: So is the official day Sunday vice Saturday? If so, I might be able to swap days since I'm currently signed up for Saturday only.

Quick check of the event status shows that The Novice group is sold out for Saturday but still available for Sunday. Still room in intermediate and advanced groups for both days....anyone thinking about it do not miss out on being the first Boss to do the new track.

www.hookedondrivng.com

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I had Dave move me from Saturday to Sunday because that's the day it seems most are running. I jumped into the intermediate group this time as well as I'm feeling more confident in my abilities and I'll be throwing some $$ in the brakes/tires prior to this event.

Also, I'm bringing a friend who's interested in getting into a Boss/Shelby to have for the track. Hopefully I can arrange to get him some ride-alongs.

You bet we can get him some rides....arrange for him to get rides at check in....Going to be a terrific gathering of Boss's or Bosses, or Bossi....what is the plural of Boss?
See you at the track.

ufnavy06 said:
I had Dave move me from Saturday to Sunday because that's the day it seems most are running. I jumped into the intermediate group this time as well as I'm feeling more confident in my abilities and I'll be throwing some $$ in the brakes/tires prior to this event.

Also, I'm bringing a friend who's interested in getting into a Boss/Shelby to have for the track. Hopefully I can arrange to get him some ride-alongs.
Great I've added you to the list. We can swap wheels if you want and Drew will most likely have a jack with him.

We'll have to see if we can all pit together. We don't all need to be under one of the canopies but it would be nice to have a few spots so we can get out of the sun. We can "reserve" the spots Saturday afternoon. I'll work with Gordon on that.

TMO Supporting Vendors