The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Track Attack Program Web Site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
I found this web site for the track day event that is included with the purchase of a 2012 Boss. You have to pay for travel and lodging, but otherwise it is paid for (about a $1,500 value, the price of a one day school at MMP). It is priceless if you ask me because it is Boss specific. ;)

http://www.bosstrackattack.com/

Who is planning on going?

I can't wait! I hope I get my car first to get a feel b4 going to Utah! But either way, I'm on the first flight out!

Jza1736 said:
I can't wait! I hope I get my car first to get a feel b4 going to Utah! But either way, I'm on the first flight out!
Won't you have to have your Boss first to get an invite? ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I will definitely go.
After some emailing with the Ford Racing group at Miller, they don't have dates planned yet. But they did mention there would be 4 or 5 separate weekend dates to choose from. Probably starting in April. But again they have nothing confirmed.

Keep your eye on the Boss track attack website!

GA
ArizonaGT said:
I will definitely go.
After some emailing with the Ford Racing group at Miller, they don't have dates planned yet. But they did mention there would be 4 or 5 separate weekend dates to choose from. Probably starting in April. But again they have nothing confirmed.

Keep your eye on the Boss track attack website!

Thanks for checking into it. I would definitely go and I was thinking I would make a cross country trip out of it and try to hit some NoCal track events like Leguna Seca, Infeon, or Thunderhill while I am out there.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
MMP is kind of "in the area" for me, 12 hour drive from Phoenix. I'll be flying in :eek:

I am going to Laguna Seca in July for the Rolex and Continental Tire races, but I won't be driving! :(

GA
ArizonaGT said:
MMP is kind of "in the area" for me, 12 hour drive from Phoenix. I'll be flying in :eek:

I am going to Laguna Seca in July for the Rolex and Continental Tire races, but I won't be driving! :(

I am sure I would end up flying in also. It is a helluva drive from Atlanta, GA and there won't be money in the budget for it after buying the Boss.

5 DOT 0 said:
Jza1736 said:
Won't you have to have your Boss first to get an invite? ;)

No one is real sure how ford is doing it. I know the website says everyone who purchases a boss this year will have the option to go. If there running the event in April, everyone will not have their cars.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Jza1736 said:
If there running the event in April, everyone will not have their cars.

It was clearly stated in the press release that Ford will be providing the vehicles for the events.

Yes they did. What I meant by that is we all won't have our new Boss' at home yet if they're scheduling the event in April. Some of us have gotten production dates and delivery dates and some havnt. I guess everyone is wondering how there going to do it?

I will definitely attend. Once they announce the dates we can organize a date for a bunch of us to go.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Jza1736 said:
Yes they did. What I meant by that is we all won't have our new Boss' at home yet if they're scheduling the event in April. Some of us have gotten production dates and delivery dates and some havnt. I guess everyone is wondering how there going to do it?

From that aspect, we're all in the same boat--nobody knows. However I'm assuming that the invite list will be put together using the names of anyone who has an active order w/ a DORA issued. It mentioned that dealerships would be involved so I assume they'll have to poll each dealer w/ allocation for the names of attendees.

Does it really matter if your BOSS has already arrived yet? Doesn't matter to me! :) If anything, it will be a great preview!

I agree. Ford will want your car bought and paid for b4 they pay for a track day event. So, if everyone who buys a Boss this year is eligible, they are probably going to have multiple days and possibly even next year for the Q4 builds

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
FYI:

06GT;6018356 said:
Guys:

I've been talking with a contact at MMP for the past couple weeks.

The dates for the schools should be released from Ford within the next week or two.

You will have the option to add an extra day for a nominal fee using either a Miller 4.6L GT or an FR500S.
You can bring a guest to participate (drive) in the BOSS day as well, for an additional fee.
As stated earlier by Ford, the BOSS day is free-of-(additional)charge to the person purchasing the BOSS.

ArizonaGT said:
FYI:

06GT;6018356 said:
Guys:

I've been talking with a contact at MMP for the past couple weeks.

The dates for the schools should be released from Ford within the next week or two.

You will have the option to add an extra day for a nominal fee using either a Miller 4.6L GT or an FR500S.
You can bring a guest to participate (drive) in the BOSS day as well, for an additional fee.
As stated earlier by Ford, the BOSS day is free-of-(additional)charge to the person purchasing the BOSS.
Good info,
thanks for posting. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors