The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

141
4
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starting to get ready for my trip out...just bought a gopro to record the track time. got the roll bar kit, which was recommended (they do not allow suction cups i believe).

what else should i be bringing to maximize my experience? Pretty damn excited to be honest.

Wife will be there day 1 to hopefully take some good pics!
 

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
7,072
4,435
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stunya said:
starting to get ready for my trip out...just bought a gopro to record the track time. got the roll bar kit, which was recommended (they do not allow suction cups i believe).

what else should i be bringing to maximize my experience? Pretty damn excited to be honest.

Wife will be there day 1 to hopefully take some good pics!
e

Shorts to wear under driving suit.

Camera for you. Several good ops for pictures during the day, fellow students etc. something you can carry in driving suit pocket.

Just about everything else is provided.

Enjoy!!
 

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
3,777
2,704
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stunya said:
starting to get ready for my trip out...just bought a gopro to record the track time. got the roll bar kit, which was recommended (they do not allow suction cups i believe).

what else should i be bringing to maximize my experience? Pretty damn excited to be honest.

Wife will be there day 1 to hopefully take some good pics!

They did allow me to attach my GoPro with suction cups on the driver side quarter window. That was last September - not sure they changed this but mine stayed on tight. Even on day two with the FR500S
 

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
7,072
4,435
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TymeSlayer said:
They did allow me to attach my GoPro with suction cups on the driver side quarter window. That was last September - not sure they changed this but mine stayed on tight. Even on day two with the FR500S

General rule.

Suction cup mount on the outside of the car only.
 
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Realy wish I could of went. Just could not swing the cost. 2 Girls. 1 in college and 1 at the alter. More cash going out than coming in the last few years...But it was the right thing to do acording to the wifey. She says it would of cost me alot more if i went to Track Attack and then a Divorce..... :eek:
Wonder how many people that never went to Track Attack. Might make me feel better!
 
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superhero said:
Realy wish I could of went. Just could not swing the cost. 2 Girls. 1 in college and 1 at the alter. More cash going out than coming in the last few years...But it was the right thing to do acording to the wifey. She says it would of cost me alot more if i went to Track Attack and then a Divorce..... :eek:
Wonder how many people that never went to Track Attack. Might make me feel better!

When I went in May of 2013 I believe I heard one of the people who runs the program saying that around 35% of the Boss owners were doing track attack. So the majority of owners did not do it, at least at that point.
 

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
3,777
2,704
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbj5259 said:
When I went in May of 2013 I believe I heard one of the people who runs the program saying that around 35% of the Boss owners were doing track attack. So the majority of owners did not do it, at least at that point.

That's approximately 2800 or so folks who did it - plus guests. That's pretty impressive. It was a great program that Ford should consider running for other Mustangs in the future.
 
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the main reasons that I wanted to go was to drive a FR500S... But I did the math and it was going to be way too expensive for me. Instead, I opted to spent all that money on seat time in my own Boss. I know I'll be kicking myself for not going, down the road.
 
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TymeSlayer said:
That's approximately 2800 or so folks who did it - plus guests. That's pretty impressive. It was a great program that Ford should consider running for other Mustangs in the future.
Ford will do it again with the GT350.
 
141
4
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

took me way too long to get some of these posted up! a few pics from the LAST track attack what was held 20-21OCT. It was an incredible time. We had a special guest in our group as well. Henry Ford III!!

eHCYwH0qmFu2CXoiAupP08isLWVVveVbdnS47hyBRs0LAYspN


IWtGpYVdiS7m0CbQxPiTiUy6wrtXil7jehnnAD0CjOkLAYspN


sLfQdT7T_UQMHGd1wQQeL2pi_86tIShEc5D7WzVekI0LAYspN


met a whole bunch of great Boss enthusiasts. Hopefully a few will make their way over here!!
 
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great photos and it's been a nice three + year run. Cloud9, FatBoss and I were there the second week of the program and it started in late August 2011. FWIW I've contacted MMP and asked them how many Boss owners attended so we'll see if they kept track of how many attendees they've had. I'll post an update when I get a response.
 
141
4
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NFSBOSS said:
Great photos and it's been a nice three + year run. Cloud9, FatBoss and I were there the second week of the program and it started in late August 2011. FWIW I've contacted MMP and asked them how many Boss owners attended so we'll see if they kept track of how many attendees they've had. I'll post an update when I get a response.

I asked Bill the same question and he said they were working on the final numbers. They have some pretty substantial upgrades planned for the school Boss cars. Basically taking up to a 302s+.

I told him that many of us have modified our own bosses (even slightly) and that they should discount a 2 day package based around the 15 mustang (school car) and the new boss race cars for returning Boss302 owners. Bill and Cindi said they hadnt worked everything out yet, but it wouldnt be outside the realm of reason.

I appreciate everyone's feedback on this board...i probably never would have gone if it were for you guys (definitely wouldnt have gotten a second day).
 
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fyi - you can order again

http://www.fordracingschool.com/related/store.html#!/Exclusive-FRS-Graduate-Pre-Order/c/11418651/offset=0&sort=normal
 
Re: Track Attack !!!!!! Charlie Putman

For those that attended BTA in the first few weeks you'll certainly remember Charlie Putman. He was one of the early instructors and was there when Cloud9, Roketman, Fat Boss and I attended during the second week. He was involved in an accident on his ranch and has been recuperating for the past three months. Looks like he's just about back to full strength. Hopefully he's back on track for next season.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/putman-90-percent-recovered-atv-accident-looks-forward-racing

putnam-rotator-1125-small-200x272.jpg
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top