The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie was the primary instructor for day one and two of BTA when I attended. Unfortunately he missed most of the first day. He had won a race the day prior and post race activities kept he longer than expected.

Besides being a great driver, he is an excellent instructor. Patient, knowledgeable and humble.

Great to hear he will be behind the wheel soon.

I wanted to go, called several times about going but only wanted to do the single day school that Ford covered. At first they told me I couldn't only do a two day school and I would have to pay for the second day and I wasn't interested in doing that. Then upon further investigation they then responded with the only dates available to participate in a single day school were the Sunday or Tuesday with Monday being either Labor Day or Memorial Day! Yeah Right! We all love racing and those are the two biggest racing weekends of the year! There was no way I was going to do that!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

One of the things I admired most about Charlie was that he started driving professionally relatively late. 40, IIRC. And while I have no ambitions of going pro...it was inspiring to hear in a field/sport full of relatively young guys.

Fat Boss said:
Dang. Good thing he is a big strong guy. I remember him well from TA.

QA1O4006.jpg
Good times right there. Well at least three of those peeps have sold their Bosses. Will I be the last one standing?

Yeah, I'm really sad I missed out on the TA. I bought my Boss "used". Had 6k miles.
I was recently looking at a Fiesta ST to use as a daily and found out they have the ST Octane Acadamy which I guess is about the same thing but for Fiesta and Focus ST owners. Well.....I obviously know it won't be the same in a Fiesta! ::) LMAO! But hey, guess better than nothing.

Miller Motorsports Park will close on October 31
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/08/miller-motorsports-park-closing/

Miller Motorsports Park says it will cease operations on October 31, 2015. This confirmation comes via the park's website, which posted a short statement about the sad news.

"On behalf of my family, I would like to thank all of those who have supported the track over the years, both locally and worldwide, for their enthusiasm and use of the facility," Gail Miller, owner of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, wrote on the Miller Motorsports Park website.

The 500-acre motorsports park in Tooele, UT opened in 2006, and has housed a number of races, driving schools, and private events throughout the years. Autoblog has visited the facility, about a dozen miles west of Salt Lake City, on several occasions, most recently last year, when we participated in the Ford ST Octane Academy.

"This is a huge disappointment," Tooele County Commissioner Shawn Milne told The Salt Lake Tribune. "The racetrack is top notch, and we appreciate the tourism it brings in." The Tribune also reports that no one from the park or the Miller family gave Tooele County any notice that the facility would be shutting down.

The facility will still hold all racing events, driving schools, karting events, and other activities planned for this summer.

Anyone want to buy it up?

if I was rich I'd buy it and use it for my own personal amusement if nothing else. I wonder what's going to happen to the awesome collection of cars that Larry Miller had put together? I remember when we went to the dinner they held in the car museum the night before our track attack I was absolutely floored by the cars they had there. One of the best collections of Ford racing history you'll find anywhere.

jkk62711 said:
if I was rich I'd buy it and use it for my own personal amusement if nothing else. I wonder what's going to happen to the awesome collection of cars that Larry Miller had put together? I remember when we went to the dinner they held in the car museum the night before our track attack I was absolutely floored by the cars they had there. One of the best collections of Ford racing history you'll find anywhere.

SEE Reply #6 http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=32003.0

NFSBOSS said:
This is sad news. With Rogers passing in 2013 maybe there was nobody in the family with the passion to run the business. Hopefully the family will offer it for sale and a new owner will step in.

The track was losing money, millions of dollars. They had tried various business plans over the years and none seemed to work out. The family doesn't actually own the land the track is on, it belongs to Tooele County. They were leasing it, and have decided not to renew that lease. I guess it all reverts back to Tooele now, the land and Miller's improvements to it. Maybe someone will step in and lease the land and give it a go. Not sure who would do it, though, seeing as how it was losing money.

Hopefully the Ford Racing School with find a new home base.

Maybe Forrest Lucas will be interested. Hell he has his brand on everything else automotive / truck / boat / motorcycle / stadium wise.

Sad news about Miller Motorsports Park

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865628232/Source-Miller-Motorsports-Park-to-cease-operations.html?pg=all

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: Sad news about Miller Motorsports Park

athens7 said:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865628232/Source-Miller-Motorsports-Park-to-cease-operations.html?pg=all

We're coving the topic in many threads, so I'm locking this one and copying/quoting your post in the Track Attack thread.

Edit: I merged the threads.

TMO Supporting Vendors