The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Track Day at Streets of Willow 11/25/12

Will you sign up for 11/25 with Extreme Speed?

• YES, I will definitely sign up and go.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • MAYBE...I'm just not sure.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Probably not, but I'd like to if my wife/GF lets go of my nutz.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO. I'm interested, but can't make this day.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Please vote 'YES' if you can definitely go or 'MAYBE' if you're not sure.

Only vote for one option. We should be able to get a discount if we have enough people commit. Don't sign up yet, this is their site:

http://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/

We can't get a separate run group at this time and will have drivers run with the appropriate group based on their experience.

I just went to streets yesterday(speed ventures), was fun. Im still waiting for my new wheels and tires so I drove my buddys Evo X and man is that thing fun! We ran the course with that Barrel of Hay after the horse shoe. Managed a 1:27:7, I dont know if that is any good but now im pumped to go in my car and see how i do! So I will probably come.

Grant 302

I was all set to go up there yesterday with my GT...but it was sold out...and I didn't want to drive up there just to see if I could squeeze in.

Probably going to be at Fontana with Speedventures on the 17th or 18th since I missed yesterday.

Hope to see you at an event soon. Haven't seen one boss or GT at an event! A white boss came but didn't drive.

Going to big willow on the 14th with open track racing. I may going to California speedway on the 18th which I haven't been to. Your event at street on 25th.

Come out with speed district to buttonwillow on dec 1st. Fun group and really relaxed. Small amount of cars. Last time 25 cars at big willow and 35 at buttonwillow. Also they are doing big willow dec 16

Grant 302

DD GT3 RD said:
Hope to see you at an event soon. Haven't seen one boss or GT at an event! A white boss came but didn't drive.

Going to big willow on the 14th with open track racing. I may going to California speedway on the 18th which I haven't been to. Your event at street on 25th.

Come out with speed district to buttonwillow on dec 1st. Fun group and really relaxed. Small amount of cars. Last time 25 cars at big willow and 35 at buttonwillow. Also they are doing big willow dec 16

Woud be good to meet you too. For track events, I've seen the most Bosses out at Fontana. Maybe four in one day and I didn't even bring mine. Looks like there are already two Bosses signed up for 11/17 and one on 11/18.

Probably can't make the 12/1...was thinking of having another Boss day for Cars n Coffee Irvine. In August we had 13 show, and I was hoping for more the next time. But more importantly, I don't plan on being sober enough to be on track that morning!

Grant 302

Our price will be $110 with free timing and lunch. (It's a $10 break from $120)

PM me for the code. I can't see who voted on this forum.

What track on 11/25? I will have a house full for Thanksgiving but would love to drive up and visit with other owners on Sunday. I race in VARA and know the big track well (many many laps), and love the Streets.

Grant 302

emcrace said:
What track on 11/25? I will have a house full for Thanksgiving but would love to drive up and visit with other owners on Sunday. I race in VARA and know the big track well (many many laps), and love the Streets.

This is for Streets. So you're not running?

byronj said:
what requirements do we need? Tow hooks, helmet, etc?

Helmet is required and they'll have rentals:
http://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/faq

"A tow hook or tow point must be established on your car. Two tow points, one front and one rear, are recommended."

To me, that means if you don't have hooks then you should know where to tell them too hook up if you go off. Before I had my front hook, I would have used my strut tower brace and the rear axle.

Bay Area
byronj said:
what requirements do we need? Tow hooks, helmet, etc?

Helmet is required and they'll have rentals:
http://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/faq

"A tow hook or tow point must be established on your car. Two tow points, one front and one rear, are recommended."

To me, that means if you don't have hooks then you should know where to tell them too hook up if you go off. Before I had my front hook, I would have used my strut tower brace and the rear axle.
[/quote]

I think I am in but I am not 100% yet. Let me talk get back to you if its on Saturday.

Grant 302

Ok...sorry guys, I think this is a FAIL.

I only see one other GT signed up...and I don't want to prep the Boss this week if there aren't any others. I'll be going, but I'm taking my GT, since it's ready to run.

Grant 302 said:
Not a fail just a tough time of year for scheduling. I had hoped to get out to Sonoma this Friday but I just have too much stuff going on. I'll make up for it next year.

BTW we're going to reorganize the forum sometime this weekend and just for you we're going to add "The Meeting Place" to list track days, cars and coffee and other Get Togethers (G2G).

Grant 302

NFSBOSS said:
Grant 302 said:
Not a fail just a tough time of year for scheduling. I had hoped to get out to Sonoma this Friday but I just have too much stuff going on. I'll make up for it next year.

BTW we're going to reorganize the forum sometime this weekend and just for you we're going to add "The Meeting Place" to list track days, cars and coffee and other Get Togethers (G2G).

Yeah, I did mean for the scheduling! I only realized the problem after I picked the date and started getting some feedback. :( I definitely intend to get another one going soon, maybe in March at Chuckwalla with Speed Ventures.

Sounds like a good idea to have a Meeting section!

TMO Supporting Vendors