The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Immersion

Who's Planning to Attend the Track Immersion at Miller Motorsports Park in 2011?

• Definitely!

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • What is a Track?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
This press release is already out on a few sites, but I'm curious as to how many of you I'm going to see at these dates!

Not sure when these will be scheduled yet, but I am definitely planning on attending (and tearing up the track).

Who else is in?

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33541

FORD SETS 2012 MUSTANG BOSS 302 OWNERS LOOSE WITH COMPLIMENTARY BOSS IMMERSION, TRACK EXPERIENCE

* Boss Track Attack program, offered through Team Mustang and Ford Racing, and complimentary with purchase of a Mustang Boss 302, will feature a Boss immersion, driving instruction and track time.
* Event will take place at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, using both Mustang GT school vehicles and 2012 Mustang Boss 302
* Dates and additional program details will be available in early 2011

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 11, 2010 – Buyers of Ford’s highly anticipated Mustang Boss 302 will now get a hands-on track driving experience to learn just what their car is capable of as part of a new complimentary program being announced today.

“The Mustang Boss 302 is a very special vehicle, tuned to perform on a racetrack,” said Mickey Matus, marketing manager, Ford Racing. “It’s an absolute blast to drive on the street but we want owners to be able to experience all the incredible balance, power and performance engineered into this machine, and the only safe way to do that is to push the car to the limit on a closed course. This is only natural, since the Boss grew up on the racetrack.”

The Boss Track Attack program, offered through Team Mustang and Ford Racing, will feature a full Boss immersion, driving instruction and plenty of track time with engineers and racers. The experience is designed to give Boss owners a comprehensive, hands-on look at exactly what their cars are capable of – and just how much fun they can be.

Boss Track Attack will take place at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah, outside of Salt Lake City. Boss owners will need to make their own travel and lodging arrangements, but once in Utah, the full track experience – including cars for the event – is courtesy of Ford.

The evening before the track day, owners will be treated to a welcome reception followed by an in-depth immersion into both the non-product and product stories of the Boss 302, focusing on how the program came to be and the underlying engineering and design philosophy. The next morning, participants will convene at the track for a full day of driving instruction and course time.

“Practice makes perfect, and in this case it’s going to be a ton of fun, too,” said Jamie Allison, director, Ford Racing. “There’s nothing like the experience of being behind the wheel of a high-performance car on a dedicated track. It’s the environment that breeds incredible machines like Mustang Boss, and for owners who want to experience all these cars are capable of, we can promise an unforgettable event.”

More details about Track Attack, including dates, will be available in early 2011.

I plan to attend. When I got my ride in the dyno display, the driver also mentioned that they were looking at several venues to go along with Miller.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mark said:
I plan to attend. When I got my ride in the dyno display, the driver also mentioned that they were looking at several venues to go along with Miller.

I'm anxious to see if there's any truth to that. I'd love to drive Sears Point or Laguna Seca. Not like MMP is a bad track, it's one of the best in the country.

I'm working on a January build that I'll have by mid-March and will have on the track by April. Hopefully I can hold off on making too many mods before I get to talk to the engineers at the Boss track event lol! Depending on when they host this event I may have had mine on at least four tracks by then. I've prelminarily got dates planned for April at MAM, May at Autobahn, July at Brainerd International (BIR), August at Road America, back at BIR in September and MAM in October based on the events I ran last summer. The only one I didn't was RA and it was more I just wanted to have the right car before I tackled that one.

Now I just have to nail down my dealer on this January car!!

For those of you that will have your cars next summer, I'd love to meet up with you at one of these events. I'm typically the only, or one of the very few sporting the blue oval at these tracks, so seeing more Mustangs would be great!

There has been some confusion on this with other reports stating the driving experience is included with the TrackKey. But I think this is accurate. I'll attend if it's within a couple hours flying time from where I live. I'd prefer MMP since that is where the Ford driving experience is located and I bet they'll have a better setup for us there. I've never been there before so it will be a new experience for me. But if LS is an option that would be cool as I'd love to drive on that track.

TMO Supporting Vendors