The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Trackey/Track Attack Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruno, sorry to hear your problems with your dealer but believe me you are not the only one. I have been waiting for my LS since I put money down on it on 12/17/10 my salesman knows nothing about the car and does not try to find anything out about the car. I did finially get a dora report with my name on it and the customer service at ford confirms it is ordered but that is it, it is on material hold, no vin #, no date, no nothing. Customer service told me that dealer would call too (the sales manger) no call still waiting from the last time 2 months ago. Just got a call from the dealer while writing this two cars came in one reg boss one LS but they say that the LS is not mine even though i was first person to order one, he said it was ordered before mine but the idiots did not even know what it was or how to order it when i first went in there to order it! Any way you are right I think they know they missed getting a Added Dealer Mark-up and they want to get people pissed so they will pull out of their deals. What is the deal with them not having to sell it to you though if you order it have money down on it and have the money with a Dora report with your name on it I would say they have a bidding contract to sell the car to you. Would like to hear more on what the customer service at ford told you

Just remember when you ordered has nothing to do with when the car will be build. The Boss cars were allocated by quarter to each dealer. The dealer should be able to get the allocation quarter from their Ford area rep. My current car is a Q2 allocation and I knew that when I placed my deposit with the dealer. They even showed me the email from their rep stating it was a Q2 allocation. The current dealer I'm working with has been terrific and gives me any info I request.

Bruno and Pac10,

It's a real shame that you guys have to go through a couple of Dealers that are more interested in bonus cash over MSRP than customer satisfaction. I called customer service because I couldn't get a hold of my salesman . It was his day off and I was impatient (go figure). My Dealer has been top notch and this is my second vehicle from them. Hang in there. Mine has an ETA of 15 Jun, so we'll see.

Customer service was the bright spot in the whole thing, they really treated me well and I found out more in 20 minutes then in 5 months from the dealer. I still am waiting for the sales manager to call me. I wont hold my breath. What customer service and I also talked to marketing told me was as follows if I can remember everything. First of all those who got 750 off a boss are lucky. The boss doesnt qualify. They told me at ford that some dealers will take them so it doesnt hurt to try. I finally got two of the brocures today in the mail and both had the coupon. If I actually get the car this crap dealer surely wont accept one thogh. They tracked my car down and its waiting in michigan to be shipped. Maybe till they get a full truck load or they are just putzing around. I got the vin so my car actually exists which is good news. Last digits are 5224182. I couldnt get a window sticker cause site I got on said it was restricted. I am curious how others on this forum got theirs. If anyone needs the direct number for direct marketing it is 800-334-4375 and you dont get a recording, an actual person right away. I also found out from my local ford dealer which is in the same auto group as the place I ordered my boss from that there are a few asshole customers out there too. This dealer is an excellent place and will bend over backwards to help the customer. I probably would have ordered my car from them but theirs was allready sold to a guy who now backed out on the deal. He apparenty ordered a car from 3 different dealers and took the first one to come in and backed out of the other two. He had a non refu ndable deposit of 5000 dollars on the one I could of had and is now sueing this dealer for his money back. Can you believe that?

bruno said:
They tracked my car down and its waiting in michigan to be shipped. Maybe till they get a full truck load or they are just putzing around. I got the vin so my car actually exists which is good news. Last digits are 5224182. I couldnt get a window sticker cause site I got on said it was restricted. I am curious how others on this forum got theirs.

If you car has truely been built then I'm not sure why your VIN won't come up. I tried it and it says that the VIN couldn't be found. Something is a little screwy somewhere. ???
Did customer service give you your VIN or the dealer?

STIG302 said:
Bruno,
Add your VIN at the end of the URL, no spaces. It should come up.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Can't get the link to work.

Dean#4AI said:
PTRocks said:
You were missing the needed digits from your VIN. Here is the full vin: 1ZVBP8CU2C5224182
sticker

Let us know what # your LS is when you get it. Enjoy your ride!

I see. I didn't think that any of the VIN changed before the last 7 digits but they do. ::)

The 9th digit is a check digit. Its value is calculated from the others, and is there to make sure a VIN have been entered correctly.

TMO Supporting Vendors