The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Transmission Mount and New FIX...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n the latest issue of 5.0Mustangs & Superfords, there is an article about the
inefficient inserts in the 5.0 manual transmission mounts.
Even if you went ahead and changed your shifter, the transmission mount is such
that it allows too much flex under hard shifting.
The article (not yet on line) states that a simple, inexpensive insert made by Whiteline
will make your transmission mount much more rugged and stop the flex that causes
missed shifts or binding.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/whiteline-transmission-mount-insert-2011-2014-gt-2012-2013-boss-302/p/KDT928/

I've had mine for several months and cannot recommend it enough. Prior to installation, I would regularly get high rpm lockouts but since then I have not had a single one. So easy to install, so cheap. The WL bushing, the MGW, and removing the clutch assist spring have made the transmission infinitely more useable.

Steve at Blowfish sells them if anyone needs one.

John

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Not new really been around for quite sometime. Couple of threads floating around on it on this site actually. I had to modify mine as the noise it made once installed was beyond annoying but then again I have also upgraded my motor mounts as well

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
It more then a little noisy! Will be modifying mine next time I am under the car. Everything vibrates! And still have to shift nice and soft.....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I saw some of the mods on the insert and played around with mine. After drilling out to 1-1/2 diameter hole it helped a bit with the noise but it did not all go away. But it works for me and I've certainly gotten use to it.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I cut the wide middle part off works fine for me. Still it's a band-aid to a pos clutch and a pos transmission. Only real cure is swap to a McLeod rst and t-56xl and call it a day. That's what I'm doing that and a moser wavertrack differential and moser axles

TMO Supporting Vendors