The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss vs 06 Saleen? Nada!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was just wondering why when I pull up to a 2006 Saleen Stang, the guy doesn't even look over, acknowledge, ZERO.

I tried to give him a "thumbs up", nice car, etc....

He saw me in his rear view mirror.

So, I took off and let him hear the side pipes....

Saleen Stang owners have attitudes?

Having your creator go bankrupt will do that to you. ;)

So what are the chances Dinan gets into the Mustang game with the next gen?

My friend had a Saleen for a while, it was a lot of fun.

Had my Boss at a car show on Sunday and couldn't believe the ignorance I heard from people regarding the Boss.."its just a GT with special decals...its just a GT with a cold air intake...that's a cool body kit...I can't believe this guy spent all this money trying to make his GT look like a Boss 302..."

These were just a handful of the comments I heard. And a lot of these people were so called mustang enthusiasts. So maybe that Saleen guy was like some of the people I heard in Sunday?

I even had a guy argue with me that his friends 2007 Saleen tribute 302 was more of a Boss 302 than my car is. A few people recognized it for what it is, but I was astounded by the majority of the comments... and this was at a car show!

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
302BOB said:
Ignorance/jealousy breeds the same....knowledge/wisdom breeds awareness...We Boss owners know what we have...let the nay-Sayers believe what they may. They are the losers in more ways than one.

Amen!! You may even say they aren't worthy of such a fine vehicle.

Wayne

cbj5259 said:
Had my Boss at a car show on Sunday and couldn't believe the ignorance I heard from people regarding the Boss.."its just a GT with special decals...its just a GT with a cold air intake...that's a cool body kit...I can't believe this guy spent all this money trying to make his GT look like a Boss 302..."

These were just a handful of the comments I heard. And a lot of these people were so called mustang enthusiasts. So maybe that Saleen guy was like some of the people I heard in Sunday?

I even had a guy argue with me that his friends 2007 Saleen tribute 302 was more of a Boss 302 than my car is. A few people recognized it for what it is, but I was astounded by the majority of the comments... and this was at a car show!
Hmmm I usually have the opposite problem, many people think mine is a Laguna Seca. ::) I haven't had anyone question if mine is authentic yet but I'm sure it will happen as some point.

5 DOT 0 said:
cbj5259 said:

Hmmm I usually have the opposite problem, many people think mine is a Laguna Seca. ::) I haven't had anyone question if mine is authentic yet but I'm sure it will happen as some point.

I honestly wonder if its just a PA problem? This is probably the 5th or 6th car show or cruise night I have been to and I have heard these comments all before. It was just a lot more of them this weekend. I usually have to explain to people that Ford did in fact bring the boss back. I'm amazed at how many "car" guys don't even know that. Funny side note... had a stock 2012 GT beat my car for a trophy. His car was a daily driver and had a dirty engine bay. A 2007 stock GT500 finished 2nd. Still have yet to getmuch more than a passing glance at the Boss...maybe people just hate yellow? Lol.

jec246

cbj5259 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cbj5259 said:

I honestly wonder if its just a PA problem? This is probably the 5th or 6th car show or cruise night I have been to and I have heard these comments all before. It was just a lot more of them this weekend. I usually have to explain to people that Ford did in fact bring the boss back. I'm amazed at how many "car" guys don't even know that. Funny side note... had a stock 2012 GT beat my car for a trophy. His car was a daily driver and had a dirty engine bay. A 2007 stock GT500 finished 2nd. Still have yet to getmuch more than a passing glance at the Boss...maybe people just hate yellow? Lol.

I have the same problem sometimes here in North Alabama / Tennessee. Sometimes annoying, but most of the time I ignore them or even educate them if I have the time.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
5 DOT 0 said:
cbj5259 said:

Same here. In my area (Northern CA) seems like people start salivating at the sight of my car. I even had a guy in a Chevy truck follow me off the freeway into a gas station just to ask me questions about it.

Honestly, I don't really care if people question it's authenticity...well kinda...but not really :).

Boss949 said:
I was just wondering why when I pull up to a 2006 Saleen Stang, the guy doesn't even look over, acknowledge, ZERO.

You can't just say Saleen stang owners have attitudes because one guy didn't acknowledge you. Believe it or not, there are people out there that just do not care.

You drive a mustang, not a Ferrari.

colticus said:
Boss949 said:

You can't just say Saleen stang owners have attitudes because one guy didn't acknowledge you. Believe it or not, there are people out there that just do not care.

You drive a mustang, not a Ferrari.

True, we shouldn't make blanket statements about all of one group based on the reactions of a few. I posed a question to see if this has happened to others. However, he was the one who acted like he was driving a Ferrari.

I really enjoy the uniqueness and performance of my Mustang. And happy to acknowledge other Stang owners and other Muscle Car owners on their choices of unique performance. Just this past week have noticed two guys straining their necks to check out the Boss; one driving a Lambo and another a Ferrari!!!

There are so many high end cars down here(South Florida), that you can certainly become jaded. I've found that pretty much every other time i take out my car I'll get some stares, and a few people at red lights wanting to talk to me about the car. I had one guy last week tell me(while sitting at a red light)that he used to own, "one of those Charlie's Angels Cobra's", and that it wasn't too bad for a gussied up Pinto LOL!! Another guy(at another red light)told me that he loves Boss 302's, then proceeded to ask me what size motor I had in there-LOL! At least you gotta love the enthusiasm that some people have about our cars, whether they know much about them, or not. 8)

I was standing by mine at a show earlier this year but far enough away that I could hear comments, One know it all told his friend this is the same engine as your GT it just has a different intake, all you need to do is add a cold air and you will eat this thing up and yours was $10G less. That's when I laughed. he looked over at me and didn't know I was the owner. I told him there are a few more things than just an intake difference. That's why this is a Road runner and not a coyote. Read up on the Big Boss 5.0 issue and you will see. Really didn't want to show boat but I was a little upset that day as I was put in a Ford "Factory" performance class with Modded Shelby's. This after I detailed the heck out of the car the whole day before. Oh well, Met some new friends and had a good time that day. So It turned out to be an OK day after all.

Bossy1908 said:
There are so many high end cars down here(South Florida), that you can certainly become jaded. I've found that pretty much every other time i take out my car I'll get some stares, and a few people at red lights wanting to talk to me about the car. I had one guy last week tell me(while sitting at a red light)that he used to own, "one of those Charlie's Angels Cobra's", and that it wasn't too bad for a gussied up Pinto LOL!! Another guy(at another red light)told me that he loves Boss 302's, then proceeded to ask me what size motor I had in there-LOL! At least you gotta love the enthusiasm that some people have about our cars, whether they know much about them, or not. 8)

I want to know how you responded to "what size motor is in there?" I would have liked to see his face when you said "uhhh, 302???!

TMO Supporting Vendors