The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss vs. Evo MR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

thought you might enjoy this :)

http://www.autoguide.com/car-comparisons/2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-vs-2013-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-2391.html

Thanks for posting. Did you guys notice that the BOSS has fog lights? You could see them on coming out of one of the corners. Looks good to me since they are nice and small.

Tonywaz BOSS said:
Thanks for posting. Did you guys notice that the BOSS has fog lights? You could see them on coming out of one of the corners. Looks good to me since they are nice and small.

It could've been a canadian boss, i think they're required to have foglights. And apparently we have brembos all around.

Tonywaz BOSS said:
I believe that's a Canadian site and Canada requires DRL's. Ford installed the DRLs in the brake duct openings.

I had the last gen MR, with the 6 spd manual, active center but not the new for the US active rear diff, and I'd agree with much of what he says. I used to just throw the Evo into turns and scrub rather than brake to control my corner speeds. I don't know that it was the fastest way to get around, but it sure was fun. The brakes were sub-par on stock pads, very hard until they suddenly faded, as opposed to the Boss pads which are not as aggressive but fade more progressively. In the Evo, I had a couple times I wasn't being careful enough and went into corners with basically no brake response at all and really had to put it sideways.

The Boss is far more rewarding to drive it well, but the Evo any clown (me when I started doing track days for example) can drive it fast and look like a hero by sliding it around.

I actually did cross shop them..although the GSR Evo, not the MR. Had an Evo IX and loved it so thought about the Evo X. It definetly is a fun car but preferred the "brutality fun" of Boss over the Evo X.

F.D. Sako said:
Hey guys,

thought you might enjoy this :)

http://www.autoguide.com/car-comparisons/2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-vs-2013-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-2391.html

I did find it amusing but I liked this comment most.

But with two fairly long straights at our test track, it was always going to be tough for the Mitsubishi to hang with the far more powerful Ford. We knew that heading into this shootout, so it wasn’t too surprising that the Boss’s fastest lap time was 1.5-seconds quicker than the Evo’s. What was surprising was the outright pace of both cars, the Boss 302’s best lap of 1-minute 21.451-seconds being amongst the quickest we’ve ever recorded at this track (our best to date is a 1:20.1 in a 580-hp Camaro ZL1). The Evolution X MR’s best time of 1:22.999 was also unexpectedly quick, putting it right there with the fastest times we could turn in the lighter and more powerful (and far more expensive) Audi TT-RS.

I would be really interested to see how fast the Boss would run compared to the ZL1 Camaro if it had another 140 horse to make it a closer comparison. Supercharged cars make a lot more power across the board and it can be a huge advantage coming out of corners and such.

Sesshomurai

Not sure if this is the same review or not. Perhaps many reviewers were present.

http://blog.americanmuscle.com/boss-302-mustang-vs-lancer-evolution-x/

They choose Boss.

While the Evo is indeed a great car, it looks like the Boss 302 takes the trophy home. Despite all of the technical advancement providing some great lap times, the Boss was just a little faster and a little better on the track. So the answer is no. There is no replacement for displacement. Not in this case, anyway.

Also, the Boss scored the fastest lap time to date during this run, beating out the fastest previous lap time put down by a ZL1 Camaro.

Now, who’s the Boss?

Read more: BOSS 302 vs. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Comparison | AmericanMuscle.com Mustang Blog

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel