The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss vs. GT clutch part number

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know what the Ford part numbers are for the Boss and GT clutch assemblies? I would expect them to be different, considering the Boss clutch supposedly uses a different friction material on the clutch disc. Ford is buying me a new clutch, and I want to make sure I get the correct one.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I had the same concern when Ford replaced my clutch assembly for excessive clunk noises when pedal was depressed. My dealership parts department used my VIN to order parts so the system automatically ordered the Boss set-up.

Make sure they use your VIN to order your parts.
302 Hi Pro

MA
I will check the numbers when I get to work tomorrow, but new ford catalogs are VIN driven and filter the correct part numbers

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
F.D. Sako said:
Are you looking to replace the clutch?
If so, ditch the oem stuff, unless the boss is strictly a dd/weekend cruiser.
even if it's a dd I would still recommend ditching the oem junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Well I had a centerforce dyad in my car when I had the transmission replaced under warranty. It is highly debatable and dependent on the dealer and the service writer. Nothing is a guarantee.

You should read up on the magnuson fergonson act.

IMO the aggravation of driving with the stock clutch is well worth the upgrade. A few of us me included had mcloeds installed when it went in for warranty work. My dealer actually recommended to buy the McLeod and have them install it while the transmission was out. Didn't pay for install either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboygsxr said:
Would that void the factory power train warranty for the transmission? That's the only reason I have not gone to an aftermarket clutch.
Mine was covered and no questions asked. Like Justin my dealer installed my McLeod RXT and stated that the CLUTCH would not be covered under warranty going forward but it would not affect my transmission or anything else. You should check with your dealer first.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel