The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Wheel Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After looking at the Enkei wheels cloud9 purchased I started looking at other wheel options for the Boss. Mine will be for looks but if I'm changing wheels I want them to be lighter. I was originally looking at adding the LS wheels but after a few others weighed them they are probably about the same weight at the Boss wheels so that's out. I've been looking at the TSW Nurburgrings in a 19x9 and 19x9.5. The 9" wide wheels are 21 lbs. while the 10.5" wide are 23 lbs. I do not have the weight of the 9.5" wide wheels but lets call it 22 lbs for now. The stock Boss and LS wheels are approximately 30 lbs each. They have the proper offsets on the 9 and 9.5 wheels but I'm not sure about the 10.5's. They also have a similar look to the BBS wheels on the 302R. TSW has a new production process called rotary forged but these are not real forged wheels although they are supposed to be stronger and lighter.

Anyone else looking at wheel options? If so post links to what you are looking at.

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

cloud9's thread:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/new-wheels-for-my-future-boss/

Boss-302-Sidewheelstsw4.png

The rotatory forging is the same process Forged Star uses and calls flow forming or something like that.

The second photo looks similar to the wheel on the alleged 2013 GT500. I like the wheel in these photos.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/11q1/2013_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_to_have_camaro_zl1_slapping_600-plus_horsepower-future_cars

cloud9 said:
The second photo looks similar to the wheel on the alleged 2013 GT500. I like the wheel in these photos.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/11q1/2013_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_to_have_camaro_zl1_slapping_600-plus_horsepower-future_cars
Those are the SVTPP wheels.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12304

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just dropped my new FRRP LS wheels at the tire shop, they look sweet. Picked up a pair of 285 pZero's at Tire Rack for $410 ea!! Ouch, using my 255 Pzero fronts from my Brembos and will have the other pair as front spares. When will this madness end???? ;D ;D :-* to my wife ;)
Hope evryone gets a special delivery in the next few weeks. P.S anyone know of a friend that is looking for take off 2300 mile Brembo pack wheels PM me, I will sell fairly cheap.
Steve

steveespo said:
Just dropped my new FRRP LS wheels at the tire shop, they look sweet. Picked up a pair of 285 pZero's at Tire Rack for $410 ea!! Ouch, using my 255 Pzero fronts from my Brembos and will have the other pair as front spares. When will this madness end???? ;D ;D :-* to my wife ;)
Hope evryone gets a special delivery in the next few weeks. P.S anyone know of a friend that is looking for take off 2300 mile Brembo pack wheels PM me, I will sell fairly cheap.
Steve
Cool. Be sure to post a hi rez photo of a side shot so we can PS your wheels. ;D

steveespo said:
Steve
Can't wait to see pics!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just got back from the shop with my wheels, they are sweet!!! I have to go to work or I would be out there right now swapping off my Blizzaks.(spring has come to the NYC metro area) I am off tomorrow so I will be changing them and taking hi rez shots to share with you after a wash. Purchased a Volkswagen Golf TDi this week to use as my DD so the my Boss is going into full play/track day mode. Talk to you tomorrow.
Steve

steveespo said:
Just got back from the shop with my wheels, they are sweet!!! I have to go to work or I would be out there right now swapping off my Blizzaks.(spring has come to the NYC metro area) I am off tomorrow so I will be changing them and taking hi rez shots to share with you after a wash. Purchased a Volkswagen Golf TDi this week to use as my DD so the my Boss is going into full play/track day mode. Talk to you tomorrow.
Steve
Cool, I hope the weather holds I'll be there next Tues - Thurs.

FWIW I have gotten a ton of compliments on the factory wheels already. I've had a few enthusiasts ask me if I had already changed the wheels, they were surprised factory wheels would look so good.

TMO Supporting Vendors