The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS302R and S Models Continue for MY 2014!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Despite no streetcar B302s being sold for 2014, Ford Racing is planning to offer MY2014 cars for both the 302R and 302S!

Good news for pros and amateurs with deep pockets!!

https://www.fordracingparts.com/competition/default.asp

6TswFK7.png

7Y6RpBK.png

C7iVUvs.png

GREAT news!!! Means there will be 50 more for us 'regular' Boss owners to fight over in 3 to 5 years after we finally realize it may have been cheaper if we had just ordered a 2012 or 2013 302S to begin with!!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Z20WHAT said:
GREAT news!!! Means there will be 50 more for us 'regular' Boss owners to fight over in 3 to 5 years after we finally realize it may have been cheaper if we had just ordered a 2012 or 2013 302S to begin with!!

Yep :eek:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Grant 302 said:
So I should show that post to my wife and try to justify ordering a '14?

No price listed on the S?

I'd say it's a safe bet it will be around 85K + race shop goodies like the 12s and 13s were.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaGT said:
I'd say it's a safe bet it will be around 85K + race shop goodies like the 12s and 13s were.

I was assuming the price wouldn't go down...just want to make sure it didn't go UP! It would be disappointing to think I saved/allocated enough to get one, but ended up short due to a price increase. :'(

And I gotta find another state to buy one if I get it new. Not gonna buy from a CA dealer with our ridiculous sales tax...especially with the bump that *we* voted for... :eek:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Grant 302 said:
I was assuming the price wouldn't go down...just want to make sure it didn't go UP! It would be disappointing to think I saved/allocated enough to get one, but ended up short due to a price increase. :'(

And I gotta find another state to buy one if I get it new. Not gonna buy from a CA dealer with our ridiculous sales tax...especially with the bump that *we* voted for... :eek:

Grant I would consider going to Oregon--no sales tax there! Also since you won't be registering it, there's no tax hit when you bring it back to Cali! :) OTHERWISE I would order direct from Rehagen and get some of their goodies installed prior to taking delivery.

Might as well sell or trade your street 302 or GT if you're not going to drive it on track, replace it with 302S :)

Grant 302

ArizonaGT said:
Grant I would consider going to Oregon--no sales tax there! Also since you won't be registering it, there's no tax hit when you bring it back to Cali! :) OTHERWISE I would order direct from Rehagen and get some of their goodies installed prior to taking delivery.

Might as well sell or trade your street 302 or GT if you're not going to drive it on track, replace it with 302S :)

Great suggestion! If I got it in Oregon, I could just slap my Cali plate on and drive it home...you know, to season the rotors :)

The only car I gotta get rid of is my '00 GT drag racer. That's where the S (or whatever 'race' car I end up with) would park. Just gotta decide wether to put it back together and sell, or part it out.

The big bummer with buying a 302S is they are not street legal. And not that my Boss is still truly street legal. Are you thinking you would be OK to take it out on the street?

Grant 302

LS110 said:
The big bummer with buying a 302S is they are not street legal. And not that my Boss is still truly street legal. Are you thinking you would be OK to take it out on the street?

Not in general...I was thinking just to bring it home. Maybe Cars n Coffee once in a while. I'm pretty sure I can get 1 day permits to roll in CA for that and to bring it to the track. But yes, the fact that they aren't street legal is a big bummer.

does the continental series require the cars that run be in production by their manufacturers?
I'm thinking one of the racing series is the reason why ford is continuing the production of the 302s and 302r.

Grant 302 said:
Not in general...I was thinking just to bring it home. Maybe Cars n Coffee once in a while. I'm pretty sure I can get 1 day permits to roll in CA for that and to bring it to the track. But yes, the fact that they aren't street legal is a big bummer.

more info on 'one day permits' in CA if you have it, please?

Grant 302

fuhrius said:
more info on 'one day permits' in CA if you have it, please?

I've moved cars before with one day passes from AAA. I believe that it's for cars that do not currently have a smog cert. Could be for out of state registered vehicle or I *think* a CA vehicle that did not pass smog. The crazy part is that they were just hand filled out 1/4 sheet forms that were on a pad/stack. When they issue it to you it is for a specific date. Basically it allows you to not have the smog or even registration (since you need smog to get registered). This is not the Temp Op permit (TOP) which I think now has a fee of $50 for like 30 or 60 days or whatever with the red/white number for the window. It's just a slip to give to the cop if you get pulled over.

I found out about them from my brother who used to use them to move his off road rallye trucks.

EDIT:
Found it!...
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/reg_hdbk/ch25/ch25_2.htm

F.D. Sako said:
does the continental series require the cars that run be in production by their manufacturers?
I'm thinking one of the racing series is the reason why ford is continuing the production of the 302s and 302r.

Without looking at rules I will say no. Last year there were FR500's run (oderS197 body) and one was entered at Daytona this year but did not race There are also some older BMW's and Mazda's out there in ST.

TMO Supporting Vendors