The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS302RLWTXX1 on Bring a Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's pretty clean looking.

kind of spiffy, I wonder where they lost the weight at?

Sean Mason at Multimatic said most of the work was to remove weight located high in the car to lower the center of gravity. They didn’t do things like change the doors and trunk to lighter materials bc these cars are nose heavy and losing weight in the rear would make it worse.

True story about a brand X, they were in the way and I went to help push their car out of the way, leaned on it and about folded the folded the quarter panel up, I jumped back and one of the crew guys just stared at me, sheepishly...a little acid dipping g goes a long way. Whenever I hear the term "removed weight from high in the car" I instantly think yep..acid dipping.

Good question...altho they did remove the strut brace

no one ran a strut brace

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Seen this machine in person and it is remarkable!!! I am likely biased as I think my Boss is beeeee-ute-ttt-full , but this Stang is stunning!!! Bid price is way too low as many don't know the full story on this " Lightweight," , but BS1 and R13 are making sure folks get the full history. If I didn't have mine , boy would this be on my list. Killer car for whomever grabs this skinny Stang.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I figured it would be up there because the data noted by BS1 ( and BossR13 ) is pretty stout historical data on this car! Likely it will go to someone who doesn't intend to race it, because the prototype build and provenance will be quite important to a serious collector ( and the super low miles is a bonus to many)!

Last edited:
Thanks Nick! Biskup car (BOSS302R019) did a 2:24.885 at Road America with George Biskup at the wheel. That’s pretty quick. Great car and driver!

TMO Supporting Vendors