The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bosses at Mid America Shelby meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello everyone. I have been going to the Mid America Shelby and Ford Meet since 92. It is a great time and they love the late model cars. It has 2 days of road racing at Hallet speadway a drag race and car show. there will be over 1000 cars registered for the weekend. An absolutely great event. This event usually happens mid June. Look it up at midamericafordmeet.com . I do not work for them just a loyal participant. I plan on road racing, drags and show. My son and I will be the one's with the 2 grabber blue bosses. 1 70 and the 2013. If any of you decide to come look us up. We will be in the parking lot at the Southern Hills Marriot. Usually drinking beers at the cars in the evening.

I will be at the Mid America Shelby meet, been going for years.. It's a really good event. I usually go to Hallett on Thursday, and Friday. And do the cruise on Thursday night downtown, and the car show on Sunday. I also, live in the the Tulsa, OK area. I will be in my 2012 PW Boss 302. ;D

I'll be there with my '12 and '70 B2's. I'll have the '12 at Hallett and the drags. '70 will be at the show on Sunday. I'm in the Tulsa area and plan on hitting Hallett a few other times this year as well.

Tulsa, OK
I was just a spectator last year but I think I'll run at Hallett. Looked like a lot of fun last year and I"ll have 5 or more track days under my belt by then.

I will be there as well. I have attended now for the 4th year and it is one of the best Mustang events in the Country. I will be staying at the Southern Hills Marriott and attending Hallett Motor Circuit on Thursday and Friday. I will be bringing my 2013 PW Boss # 3019.

Tulsa, OK
So who else is planning to make it to Tulsa, OK, for the Shelby meet this year? This is a really fun event with a TON of participants. Tulsa is completely overrun with mustangs and Fords for 5 days. The event is June 12th-16th and includes a little bit of everything to satisfy everyone. Driving school, road racing at Hallett, drag racing at TRP, large cruise to downtown where they block off parking for everyone, car show, banquet, etc...

Here is the link for more information and registration:

http://www.midamericafordmeet.com/

Hope to see some of you guys next month :)

Im bringing my 12 CO. This will be my first time at the event but im really looking forward to it!!. Ill arrive mid day thursday and get settled in. Hallet on Friday, Drag on saturday and of course the car show sunday.
Im in Dallas, so I will be driving my Boss for the 4 hour trip.. Wish I had a trailer, but since I don't i'll just hope I dont break down at the track :'(

Tulsa, OK
reakhavok said:
Im bringing my 12 CO. This will be my first time at the event but im really looking forward to it!!. Ill arrive mid day thursday and get settled in. Hallet on Friday, Drag on saturday and of course the car show sunday.
Im in Dallas, so I will be driving my Boss for the 4 hour trip.. Wish I had a trailer, but since I don't i'll just hope I dont break down at the track :'(

Great! The cruise is Thursday evening and always a good time. I'll be driving at Hallett on Friday as well, spectating at the drags, and participating in the show. I'm looking forward to it as well. Hopefully we can meet up at some point during the event.

Re: Bosses at Mid America Shelby meet-Pit availability at Hallett

Just wanted to share that I will be in Pit 23/24 Thursday and Friday at Hallett. Depending on availability, I may end up with both...
If anyone is interested, Pit 24 may still be available for $100 for both days. Well worth it, especially if it is hot....Fellow Boss owners stop by and say hello. It would be good to meet other BMO members....
It should be a great event as always.

vista6019 said:
Just wanted to share that I will be in Pit 23/24 Thursday and Friday at Hallett. Depending on availability, I may end up with both...
If anyone is interested, Pit 24 may still be available for $100 for both days. Well worth it, especially if it is hot....Fellow Boss owners stop by and say hello. It would be good to meet other BMO members....

Sorry for my ignorance, this will be my first time to Hallett.. But what is "pit 23/24" can you rent out spots at the track??

Tulsa, OK

vista6019 said:

I'll be there Friday so I'll be sure to stop by and say hello. I'm sure it will be hot, it always is :)

Tulsa, OK

reakhavok said:
Sorry for my ignorance, this will be my first time to Hallett.. But what is "pit 23/24" can you rent out spots at the track??

Yeah they have what they call raceports that you can rent out. Basically just carports. I've rented one a few times and they are nice if its hot. I think I'm just going to tough it out and bring a canopy for this event.

reakhavok said:
The Pits or "Race Ports" are covered areas located at various areas on the track. You can locate them at the Hallett web site. I will be in #23 so feel free to stop by and say hello or if you want to just get out of the sun....

Bumping this back up. Anyone else coming?

I usually park my truck and enclosed trailer by the Stevens Brothers garage. Feel free to stop by to chat and get out of the sun.

I will be out there Thursday and Friday with my VMP TVS supercharged Boss. It will have the 18 in CCWs and R6s on it for the event.

969300_10151623060657360_789451013_n.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors