The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS's Get Completed Off The Line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rear spoilers, decals, and some other finishing touches. Good luck with yours!

For sure stripes and sidepipes get installed afterwards. I wasn't sure about the spoiler, but after viewing the below video, I can see that the spoilers have not been installed on the line either, like 5 DOT 0 said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MOJ4sre4Q&feature=related

SoFlaBoss said:
For sure stripes and sidepipes get installed afterwards, not cetain about the spoiler.

In the Boss book by Don Pharr it does indicate the spoiler, sidepipes, stripes and "other unique items" are done at the Mod Center.

I just happen to have the book here on my fire.. its states.. side C-stripes, blackout treatment on the rear panel, laguna rear pedestal spoiler, side exhaust system, and interior components like door panel inserts, shifter knob, and optional floor mats are all done at the Mod center

SoFlaBoss said:
For sure stripes and sidepipes get installed afterwards. I wasn't sure about the spoiler, but after viewing the below video, I can see that the spoilers have not been installed on the line either, like 5 DOT 0 said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MOJ4sre4Q&feature=related

Very cool, I like the part, "This is where the Boss is born", where it is coming off the assembly line at the first time startup.

That my friends is the date on the "Oasis Report"! ;)

Looks like its time for another road trip to the plant. Maybe I'll get lucky again and catch a lot full of 13 Bosses.
This weekend is the 1 year anniversary from when I got those first 12 Boss pictures last year.
If I have time I'll give it a try. I bet those waiting for a 13 will be even more excited.
063.png
065.png

Refresher for the new guys:
Plant1.png
Plant2.png

Mike

PTRocks said:
They are building them more quickly this year, about 20 per day. Strangely, seemingly no LSes have been built yet.

This photo (stolen from TMS) would disagree with that statement:
ang-order-guides-including-gt500-price-lists-2013s.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors