The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bozzie for the Ozzies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Note: I tried to post this back in December, but had some technical difficulties. Just remembered I had a draft, so here it is.

Just got back from working in Sydney and happened to be there at the same time as their 2012 International Motor Show. The Mustang is not sold in Australia, so I knew there was no chance of seeing a Boss there. But, as I walked towards the huge outdoor Ford exhibit, I could see a familiar "C-stripe" in the distance. How could that be? Special import? I got to the cars and this is what I saw.

bozzie.jpg

It's an FPV Boss 335 GT RSPEC. It has a Prodrive-built supercharged 5.0 with it's own engine designation - Miami. It is definitely the Coyote block, but have no idea what else Prodrive did to it, but I didn't do any significant research.

Keep in mind, this is a Ford-authorized car. This is not from a tuner. That said, what do you think?

I wouldn't trade my real Boss for it, but I can't say that I wouldn't remove every sticker, badge, wing, wheels, and every other flash of red, for a stonkin' fast (455 hp) Q-ship and family truckster. "Oh this? It's just a rental. Wanna race?" 8)

Jimmy

cbj5259 said:
I don't know...I'm not digging it. The Boss nameplate belongs on a Mustang. It would be like a Chevy "stingray" cobalt SS.

I like the car for what it is, but no, it should not be called Boss. Honestly surprised that Ford would allow that.

Jimmy Pribble said:
I like the car for what it is, but no, it should not be called Boss. Honestly surprised that Ford would allow that.

Why not? It is a Ford after all, and Ford own the "Boss" trademark which they can use however they see fit. Apparently it resonates in Oz just as it does here. Aussie high performance Falcons have a long and illustrious history every bit as rich as our Mustang.

dabossinne said:
Why not? It is a Ford after all, and Ford own the "Boss" trademark which they can use however they see fit. Apparently it resonates in Oz just as it does here. Aussie high performance Falcons have a long and illustrious history every bit as rich as our Mustang.

Well, because if you have a long and illustrious history of your own, it's silly to crib somebody else's, which is presumably why we don't have a Mustang Bathurst Edition. ;)

If you go around calling every HI-PO model you have a "Boss" then it cheapens the nameplate IMHO. I agree that it is Fords name to do with as they please, but it doesn't make it right. Its like slapping a Yenko decal on a Vauxhall...one has nothing to do with the other.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
It's bad enough they drive on the wrong side of the road, but I need a kw and Nm conversion scale too? Jeez..

The Boss 335 GT will be powered by a high-performance 5.0-liter supercharged DOHC 32V all-aluminum V8 engine that produces 335kW @ 5,700 RPM with a maximum torque of 570Nm@ 2,200 – 5,500 RPM. The engine is then mated to a TR6060 six-speed manual transmission with a leather and satin chrome gear knob. As for the brakes, the car comes with 335 x 32mm cross-drilled and ventilated front rotors with Brembo 4-piston calipers and 328 x 26mm cross-drilled and ventilated rear rotors with single red piston caliper.

Sesshomurai

Hate it. Frankenboss car.

Sure Ford owns the BOSS branding but geez, there are plenty of other neato names to come up with. Slapping a boss sticker package on a 4 door sedan-looking grocery getter with a supercharger is very funny.

What the heck ... Let 'em have their "Boss." An obscure, Aussie-unique 4-door "Boss 335" won't mean diddly, anyway, for US Boss Mustangs. Different cars, different continents, different markets. No harm, no foul, no big deal.

TMO Supporting Vendors