The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bragging Rights from the Rolex 24!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford swept the DP class and Porsche swept GT. I have one of each in my garage! Of course I DON'T have a Ford Daytona Prototype (but my Boss 302 shares some of the engine design) and my Porsche is a 1988 but it was still cool to see a Ford/Porsche sweep (and was happy the new Corvette DP cars did not make the Podium as I'm catching enough crap at work from the GM fans about the Top Gear VXR8...alias G8 vs. Boss 302 clip).

Yes, it was a good weekend overall for Ford! My Government Motors friends have also been talking up the ZL1 vs Boss 302 LS Motor Trend shootout at Laguna Seca. However, with about 120 more HP in the Camaro it's sort of an unfair fight. All I can say about that is 650 HP GT500...lol!

ChuckP said:
Yes, it was a good weekend overall for Ford! My Government Motors friends have also been talking up the ZL1 vs Boss 302 LS Motor Trend shootout at Laguna Seca. However, with about 120 more HP in the Camaro it's sort of an unfair fight. All I can say about that is 650 HP GT500...lol!
I wouldn't concede until they prove it to you on a road course Chuck ;)

It was a great weekend for Ford. Overall win in the 50th Rolex 24 hour race and the overall win in the Continental Tire Race as well.

The Mustangs looked great in the CTSCC race. Check them out when it airs on Speed TV.

cloud9 said:
mwilson7 said:
Chuck,

I think the weekends victory is tipped to Ford as they won the GS race as well!! ;D
And in a car that looks like ours! ;D
Weren't our cars advertised as race cars with license plates? ;)

Awesome weekend for Ford and I'm a big Porsche fan as well. it's good to see the Boss 302's take on and beat the 911's in GS now that I'm driving a Ford. ;D

great news .alot of the guys i know up here are running porsches and audi s4
cant wait to spank some of them this summer at mont tremblant.

ChuckP said:
Ford swept the DP class and Porsche swept GT. I have one of each in my garage! Of course I DON'T have a Ford Daytona Prototype (but my Boss 302 shares some of the engine design) and my Porsche is a 1988 but it was still cool to see a Ford/Porsche sweep (and was happy the new Corvette DP cars did not make the Podium as I'm catching enough crap at work from the GM fans about the Top Gear VXR8...alias G8 vs. Boss 302 clip).

Can you post a picture of the 1988 Porsche. I would like to see a factory cup from back then.... Thanks

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
mustang920 said:
great news .alot of the guys i know up here are running porsches and audi s4
cant wait to spank some of them this summer at mont tremblant.

Porsches are obviously a fair fight, they are fantastic machines. The S4's, on the other hand, don't stand a chance against a Boss unless they have some serious levels of modifications (much added HP, much reduced weight, significant suspension mods). If you were misfiring on a cylinder with the Boss they still probably would not beat your lap times ;D

(PS: I'm an Audi fan, am a member of the New England Chapter of the Audi Club, and have owned two S4's and a TTS would up to run like a TTRS, and I still own a Q5. The only Audi that can make a Boss look a little silly is the V10 R8 - all things being stock and equal)

Yep...the guys at RoushYates are absolutely giddy...and they have a right to be. Looks like the DP engine is a 5.0L displacement block with Ford GT heads. Jack Jr won the GS over a bunch of M3s. Tough luck on the DP for the Corvettes...gotta be pretty disappointing for the bowtie guys. But I'm sure they'll get it worked out. But right now it's pretty good to brag!

TMO Supporting Vendors