The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brainerd International Raceway hit by storms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Big storms rolled across Minnesota last night.
BIR took a big hit.
Sad to see all this damage.
I plan to be there for a PCA event 24-26 July.
The drivers meeting is held on the second story of the first pic.
Hope they've got good insurance and hard working contractors to get things fixed back up.
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29532183/brainerd-international-raceway-rocked-by-storms-more-minnesota-photos

Wow. John and I were just up there over the 4th running in the NASA TT event. The place was PACKED with an RV show, drag races over at the drag strip, and NASA And Trans Am racing at the road course. If this storm would have hit then, the damage would have been astronomical. Hope they're able to get the stands put back together before the big NHRA event in August. I'm guessing that event is easily their biggest revenue event for the season.

Yikes. I was in Lafayette IN over the weekend and it rained HARD for an hour or so early Sunday morning. They've been getting a lot or rain lately and looks like more is coming. Hopefully they get the tracked fixed so cloud9 and LS110 can set their new PB with their GT350's this Fall. 8)

8297241_G.jpg

My wife and two youngest were at our cabin last night about 10 miles north of BIR. Thankfully no damage where she was. That is huge mess for BIR to clean-up not to mention all the structure damage. Not exactly where they want to spend their money.

drano38

Wayne
John,
Glad your family and cabin are ok.

Hope no one was hurt in all of this, and people can recover quickly.

drano38 said:
John,
Glad your family and cabin are ok.

Hope no one was hurt in all of this, and people can recover quickly.

Wayne - Hopefully they are able to clear the track up quickly. I am at BIR next Monday for an HPDE and I believe you are there the 24th for the Nordstern PCA event.

drano38

Wayne
BIR posted they'll be open this weekend for motorcycle road course event.
So we're good for the Nord Stern PCA 3-day event the following weekend. Guess I'll bring along a pair of work gloves to help with cleanup.

here's a link to more pics on their site.
http://brainerdraceway.com/storm-hammers-bir-volunteers-needed/
Check out the row of bleachers--1/2 of it rolled upside down, the other 1/2 rolled completely around and now sitting upright.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel