The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake Caliper Clearance Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I am looking at some wheels that look like the Mini-Lites that Parnelli Jones raced on the 1970 Boss. They asked me "how far does the caliper face extend past the mounting face?" The specs say that their 18 inch wheels have 1 3/4 inch clearance for big brakes. Is that enough?

Here is a photo of Parnelli's car:
ParnelliJones.jpg

These are the wheels
LT-IIIWheels.jpg

This is their website http://www.team3wheels.com/lt_iii.html

I think these wheels would look sweet on the Boss. Also, these guys seem to be able to do custom stuff in their shop.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Just by looking at those wheels I doubt it. Our cars have the same fitment at the 2007+ GT500 so ask them if they fit that car.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Thanks I will. I was surprised that the wheels were mostly just sizes and no mention of car manufacturer, unless the drill to fit at the time that they make them.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel