The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake flush. Flush clutch as well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
IT may be overkill, but I do a complete flush every 6 months and bleed a tablespoon or two out of each bleeder screw between events to make sure I get any bubbles that start to form out.

GA
I do a complete flush every 4 or so events. I'm not even sure what a bleed actually is anymore.

My steps every time:

1) Turkey suck the mast cyl of all old fluid
2) Pour new fluid
3) Skip pumping clutch (i honestly forget...)
4) motive bleeder set to 15 psi with nothing in it to check for leaks (5 min wait)
5) pour 4 bottles of fluids into motive bleeder and set to 15 psi (follow oem procedure (in/out)
6) suck out 8 oz on each side of the nipples from the small calipers and suck out 16 oz from big calipers following the proper oem procedure
7) clean up and collect any excess fluids from master until a little below the max line.

i don't see the benefits of just bleeding because i'm already in there...

TMO Supporting Vendors