The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Anyone else having brake squeal? I have this when I am applying and also have noticed it dragging when I am driving. A tap on the pedal usually stops it but this is becoming annoying. I have to take it in but with 13,000 street miles, I am wondering how much pad will be left.

Thanks!!!

John

Mine squeal like a freight train but I have track pads in all the time. Even the stock pads squeal from time to time since they are for "light track duty". You can see how much front pad you have left just by looking through the spokes typically. I don't have the stock wheels any more so am not sure how well you can see inside the calipers. If you're concerned just pull a wheel and look inside the calipers to check pad depth. The rears should go 10s of thousands of miles unless you happen to forget to disengage the parking brake ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors