The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake rotor failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
I have never known American Muscle for selling anything performance related. They make their money (and therefore where their attention and efforts go) off "look at me" parts. They do sell a few quality items but I would say the mass majority of their catalog is targeted toward the aesthetic-improving crowd

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I did, they said it was over 30 days , so powerstop's warranty would take over from here.... Which was a replacement only. No way in hell I would ever use these on a car again.

I replaced these rotors with factory Ford ones for now, as it is just my daily driver.. I will probably track it a few more times but I am going with girodisc for the track days now...

This has made me re think braking systems all together. Costing me about 7k to re outfit the brakes on my track car... Pretty irritated how they are so nonchalant about it, this could have been a pretty bad day for me or somebody else.
Sounds like you've already got your replacements taken care of, but in the future, everyone here will probably recommend you consider working with vendors who regularly cater to track rats - we have a few vendors like that here:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel