The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake Squeal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

Has anyone experienced a brake squeal yet. I only have a little over 2000 miles in 3 months and the car sits for a weeks at a time. I think it's coming from the left rear and of course its not worn out. It usually comes when i just come to slow easy stop......last few feet. Just was currious if any has heard their Boss do it and what did you do, ignore and it went away or took it tto the dealer........if so what did they do?

It's normal since the pads are a light duty track compound. If you put high performance track pads on you'd sound like a Burlington Northern locomotive coming to a stop ;D

BLAZN BOSS

thats what I figured............UGGGG thats another reason why I hate forigen cars, they always seem to squeal. Oh well..........life goes on.

BLAZN BOSS said:
thats what I figured............UGGGG thats another reason why I hate forigen cars, they always seem to squeal. Oh well..........life goes on.
If you're not going to track the car, you could look into strictly street pads. I'm not sure if the Brembo GT uses a different pad since I just put some takeoffs on my GT500 for street use and they squeal a little bit at low speed. There's probably a street only pad from Ford, or you could look at something like a Hawk HPS.

BLAZN BOSS said:
Has anyone experienced a brake squeal yet. I only have a little over 2000 miles in 3 months and the car sits for a weeks at a time. I think it's coming from the left rear and of course its not worn out. It usually comes when i just come to slow easy stop......last few feet. Just was currious if any has heard their Boss do it and what did you do, ignore and it went away or took it tto the dealer........if so what did they do?

I have the exact same thing happening. Does not do it all the time, but does get a little annoying. If the general consensus is it's because of the pads and "normal", then I have no issues with it, just not use to have brake squeal.

BLAZN BOSS

I agree with AZBoss...............owned fords all my life never had this.......but never owned a car made for handeling either LOL..............a little embarrasing but I'll live.

BLAZN BOSS said:
I agree with AZBoss...............owned fords all my life never had this.......but never owned a car made for handeling either LOL..............a little embarrasing but I'll live.

+1

;D

I also have a little squealing and I'd say it's normal.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel