The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brakes for 315 bfg rivals/Toyo R8's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

My boss is finally due for pads and I'm wanting to get the best pad I can while still being able to pull daily duty. The car is on factory rotors, and for tires has 315/30/18 rivals on all four corners now but I think I'm gonna swap to Toyo R8's this go round. What is a aggressive pad that can make use of those tires while still being livable on the streets?

Sorry for a newb question but I'm in a bit of a time crunch with a hellacious work schedule.

Thanks
Kody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Brake Pads must be one of the most talked about topics!! Everyone has their favorites, ours is the Pagid RS29 pads. Works fine on the street and fantastic at the track. Lasts a long time and does not eat the disks. I have seen the cheaper pads like Hawks HP+ last a single event so in the long run they can get expensive! Good pads, Castrol SRF and Brake ducts is what every one told me, and I think they were very right.

I liked the RS29/RS56 combo, but after 2-ish track hours and 3k street miles they were squealing like a freight train emergency braking. But my OEM rear rotors only appear to be worn less than 1mm. 12k total miles (prior pads were OEM). I have yet to check the fronts rotors since I have all winter to do so...sigh.

Mad Hatter said:
the squeely brakes are hard to get used to ::). It was much better with brake backing paste and the metal backing plates.

Yea, I was happy with the initial squealing given the performance, and everything was fine till a few hundred miles ago. They are clearly very vocal about being at their end. It probably didn't help that I never bothered to plug the brake ducts so they were always cold on the street for the majority of their mileage. They are VERY loud now. I equate the post break-in squeal to a bus. At this point it is FAR beyond that lol. They still bite hard, though.

I think I might give the pagids a try, I very very rarely track my car so it's mostly spirited driving so I don't think noise would be to bad with the use they'd get. Where are you guys getting yours from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drano38

Wayne
Get your Pagid pads from fellow BMO member who owns Track Day Solutoins LLC. His ad is on the right hand side of your screen. Let him know what kind of driving you'll do (ration of street to track) and he'll give you a recommendation.
Also sells numbers, decals, harnesses, and other great stuff for your track weekends.

TMO Supporting Vendors