Braking woes with S550pp conversion and GT500 booster

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by captdistraction, Oct 31, 2017.

1. captdistraction

captdistraction Not necessarily the Stig

It’s early s197 but yes it’s much larger. The level sensor is two pin however versus 3 pin on the later cars but I’ll otherwise check the interchange. The master doesn’t interchange as there’s fitting differences from the lines to abs as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. steveespo

steveespo Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

I’m not worrying about the fluid level sensor Chris, bigger reservoir is more useful and with the race abs module we get brake system light and warning anyway.

captdistraction likes this.
  3. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

Steve you certainly need a "r' between the last two letters of your call name....You are surly worthy of it!

TymeSlayer likes this.
  4. captdistraction

I'm not worried about the fluid level either, just a mention for those looking at it

5. captdistraction

So as usual: the spendy kohr kit doesn’t fit, at least not yet. The booster and master mated with the firewall, but the crosspin won’t pass through it (did the pedal assembly change from 05-14?) and the lines fit one side or the other, but not both as it needs 2” of clearance where the frame interferes. I guess I can bend them in a way to fit but not excited about it.

6. steveespo

steveespo Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

It works Chris just needs to be rubbed on a little as us NASCAR guys say. The hole for the crosspin has to be drilled to size. Match the pin and drill bit, cause there isn’t a whole lot of meat to spare.
    The lines take a bit of bending, by hand to marry up. Start the ABS block side and tweak the MC side to fit, then loosen the ABS side, tighten the MC side and then retighten the ABS side for each line. They sit right on top of the frame rail. They are stainless so more rigid than plain steel tubing but you can still flex without kinking. I will try and send a picture of routing tomorrow, but you will probably have it done by then.

7. captdistraction

Was able to get it set. Massaged the lines some and worked around the fitment issues. Drilling the cross post wasn’t fun but the pin is in (though I made it a super tight fit).

I’ll have to finish bleeding everything once I get the trans in but hopefully works well. The tank vapor line is pretty tight but hopefully won’t cause issues. I fabricated some line holds out of some very old spark plug line stays from my 1995 mustang as well.

Some pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tri-bar, ArizonaBOSS and Mad302 like this.