The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brembo clearance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've looked and haven't really gotten a clear answer. Do the 18x9 sve drifts clear brembos? Would a smaller spacer help them clear? Mostly curious as there is a nice special for them right now.

I have some SVE Bullitt wheels in 18x10 for sale even. But they barely clear standard brakes, much less a Brembo set. I doubt if that's the drift wheel you refer to tho

Nah, I'm looking at the SVE drift. I know believe the 18x10s clear, just curious to see if the 18x9s can, even if I need a small spacer.

It should be possible with a spacer. Didn’t know the S197 18x10s were discontinued.
I want the 18x10 SVE Drifts but LMR stopped selling them and I haven't found th anywhere else. I can get a set of 18x9s still with them being 30% almost makes it worth it. And since I am just starting out, they seem like a decent idea.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
It’s not a bad idea, but I’d save the money toward getting better rims later. Nothing wrong with OEM rims since you’re just getting started. It seems like overkill to deal with spacers and long studs just to run cheap 18x9s. Odds are that you’d want to ditch those before your first year is done.

It’s not a bad idea, but I’d save the money toward getting better rims later. Nothing wrong with OEM rims since you’re just getting started. It seems like overkill to deal with spacers and long studs just to run cheap 18x9s. Odds are that you’d want to ditch those before your first year is done.
Right now I have some 6gr 20x10/11 staggered on the car. (A gift from a friend)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel