The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Brian's Guard GT Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and wonder if you are running CAM in the SCCA Autocross Series in your area? We have alot of track rats on this site and we are getting more and more that also do HPDEs and Time Trials. You will have a great time on this site and there is a ton of solid info , more than you will find elsewhere , imho.

Welcome and wonder if you are running CAM in the SCCA Autocross Series in your area? We have alot of track rats on this site and we are getting more and more that also do HPDEs and Time Trials. You will have a great time on this site and there is a ton of solid info , more than you will find elsewhere , imho.
Thanks! Yeah, I run CAM-C in Chicago region mostly, but also partake in Champaign County and a few others within a couple hours of Chicago. I've lurked on TMO for a while, just haven't gone to the point of getting the build thread put together and everything. My events are probably 80% autocross, but I also have and will continue to do tracksprint events and the occasional track day. The last few years I've worked from an underdog position in CAM-C in a pretty competitive region and done well, but this year should be more competitive.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
DaveW, on this site, is from the St. Louis area, so you may see him, occasionally, at some of the Central Division events - he is in a Black GT. Make sure you post on here if you go to the Solo Nationals , as there are some of us on TMO that race there along with doing track events. I run in my son's ASP EVO 9, but my Boss S has been almost exclusively raced on track ( mainly NASA , but also a few SCCA road races ).

DaveW, on this site, is from the St. Louis area, so you may see him, occasionally, at some of the Central Division events - he is in a Black GT. Make sure you post on here if you go to the Solo Nationals , as there are some of us on TMO that race there along with doing track events. I run in my son's ASP EVO 9, but my Boss S has been almost exclusively raced on track ( mainly NASA , but also a few SCCA road races ).
I am planning on it! It'll be my first time there.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ha, probably could not condone racing with one hand on the wheel and one on the phone. Heck seeing me on the phone alone could scare any driver into losing concentration.

TMO Supporting Vendors