The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bridgestone Potenza S-04 pole position tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I mainly drive on the street with about 8 track days a year. I am looking at buying stock size tires. Any feed back on the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 pole position tires?
Looking at the tire comparison posted on Tirerack they look to be the closes to the Mich.PSS in overall performance. Does anyone have experience with this tire?

zzyzx

Steve
I do, but from many years ago and on a lighter car. That are in fact very good tires. Hopefully somebody else can chime in with more relevant comments.

I have them on my Boss. Ran 2 days at Watkins Glen with them. I felt they did not stick as good as the P-Zeros, but the instructer that was riding with me thought they really had some grip! I felt very comfortablle with them. I did not drive my Boss at Watkins with the P-zeros, so I really can't compare them though. So far as a street tire, they have been great. No noise and handle good. I can say that the P-zeros are a more stickier tire in general than S-04's as when I pull in my driveway, the small stones stick to the P-zeros and do not stick too the S-04's. The S-04's look like they are going to wear a lot better thatn the P-zeros too.

Sesshomurai

I had them on an '05 GTO years ago. I didn't have a good experience with them. They wore very quickly just driving around town/freeway. YMMV.

TMO Supporting Vendors