The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bridgestone RE-11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have seen several cars (Mustangs & Camaro's) running these here (MSR Cresson) Drivers likes them very much.
They are on my list of tires to replace my P Zeros when the time comes. I really want to try the Khumo 720 but they don't make them yet in Boss sizes.

I'm running RE-11s on 302S 19 in. wheels - 265/35 front and 285/35 rear. HUGE step up from the OE P Zero tires and they wear fantastic as well. I like them better than Michelin PSSs...

I have 3 weekends on them (2 at Road Atlanta, 1 at Barber) and they're still in great shape.

Being a 200 treadwear tire, not sure I'd run them as a street tire for daily driving (I don't) but probably among the best tire for OE-size wheels to drive to/from track events on...

If I ever step down to 18s, I'd go NT-01s for sure as they're probably the ultimate for drive to/from the track capability.

Haven't had much experience in the wet with the RE-11s, so I won't comment on that aspect of performance.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
New Jersey
I JUST put a set of 285/35/19 RE11s on my car with new 19x10 wheels to replace my previous 19x9.5 with MPSS 275/45 setup.
I can't tell what's causing it yet and haven't had it on the track yet to test it out, but on the street the RE11s feel like a soft sidewall tire (feel just like the dunlop winter sports I had when I had to drive it in winter) with some input delay. Maybe I just need to wear them in more than a couple hundred miles but so far I'm disappointed with the steering feel on these. The MPSS felt much more nimble and precise.

I will say that ultimate grip on the RE11s is WAY better. I hardly spin where on the MPSS I could blow through 1st and most of 2nd.

Long time viewer first time post!
On my 2012 Boss 302 I have the RE/11 fronts 285 35 R19 Rears 325 30R 19
I have used this tire combination on two weekend track events
they perform very well and I am very pleased with them thus far!
I replaced the OEM tires at 6000 miles!
What I learned first hand is of course tire pressure is the key for me anyway!
Specially the ones in the rear I'm running 36 fronts psi cold and rears 38 psi cold.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Mechanicsburg, Pa
Running 285/35-19 RE-11 square on 9.5 Forgestars. I like them much better that stock Pirelli.
3 track days so far, (2 VIR full, 1 Summit Point main).

Agree with noldevin that sidewall feels softer but grip is better. Maybe due to being street tire versus more track focused RE-71. First two session when new had me thinking I made a bad tire choice but the heat cycles and scrubbing seemed to fix it, or just got used to them.

Like gusnav, viewer but first post...but I set my pressures differently; 30 cold to end up ~39-40 hot, but may increase to see how it feels at NJMP this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last summer I ran 285/40-18 RE-11. I liked the very much, better than the previous MPSS. Luckily never in the wet, no data there. I got a total of 19 track days out of them. I will buy them again. Jeff

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Sorry forget about my comments. I was talking about the Bridgestone R71r thats a more modern twin of the Dunlop DZ2. Got my numbers mixed up

TMO Supporting Vendors