The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bridgestone RE-71RS On The Way To USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It will be interesting to see what they have done with this new RE71RS since it was widely reported the original replacement was slower than the original RE71R. Be interesting to find out from Tire Rack and other tests if they think compounding was changed or what enabled Bridgerocks the confidence to re-enter the US Market. It is tough being " King " and with Yoko A- Ono 52 the Queen of the Cone Cruisers it should make for a renergized fight in the 200 TWR wars.

Those of us who have moss growing on limbs ( okay , hair growing out our ears ) remember the days when there were maybe two choices, so the continuation of the " Tire Wars " is exciting and it usually also helps rein in price increases.

It will be interesting to see what they have done with this new RE71RS since it was widely reported the original replacement was slower than the original RE71R. Be interesting to find out from Tire Rack and other tests if they think compounding was changed or what enabled Bridgerocks the confidence to re-enter the US Market. It is tough being " King " and with Yoko A- Ono 52 the Queen of the Cone Cruisers it should make for a renergized fight in the 200 TWR wars.

Those of us who have moss growing on limbs ( okay , hair growing out our ears ) remember the days when there were maybe two choices, so the continuation of the " Tire Wars " is exciting and it usually also helps rein in price increases.

I was with you till the last sentence Bill. In theory yes, but in practice holy crap tire prices!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Scoots, I am not suggesting they are reasonable now, just that over the past 4 decades when there was plenty of competition it helped rein in price increases and often brought them down. I was only referring that competition may help us out, because I agree prices are quite high, now.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel