The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

broke shock adjustment screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anybody else have one of there shock adjustment screws break on ether shock? If so is there a direct replacement screw or is a whole new shock required?

Re: broke shock adjustment srew

onebad58 said:
Has anybody else have one of there shock adjustment srews break on ether shock? If so is there a direct replacement screw or is a whole new shock required?

Good question, I would call a Ford Racing to ask, they may still be open. I have had some chips come off one but never completely brake, seems like they are made from really shitty aluminum or something.

The slot on one of my rear adjusters is starting to strip so I wondered the same thing. I've spent the last hour searching and apparently this is common on the Illuminas. Apparently the adjusters come right off and if you contact Tokico they'll send you new ones for free.

65sohc said:
The slot on one of my rear adjusters is starting to strip so I wondered the same thing. I've spent the last hour searching and apparently this is common on the Illuminas. Apparently the adjusters come right off and if you contact Tokico they'll send you new ones for free.
. Where did you get that information? I could not find who makes the shocks and where to get them.

onebad58 said:
Where did you get that information? I could not find who makes the shocks and where to get them.
They are Tokico Illuminas valved to Ford specs and there have been several reported issues with the adjusting knobs. They can be fixed under warranty so have your dealer check it out before you do anything on your own.

My two rear adjusters came with some sort of foreign matter gumming them up so it's always been hard to turn them and feel the detents. Hopefully the dealer won't blame me and will replace them. Pretty much everything I read about the Illuminas was on import forums. My understanding is that the adjustment mechanism consists of the adjuster, an O-ring to hold it in and then the numbered cap that fits on top. It appears to be pressed on.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel