The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brown Bros Ford Boss 302S wins 6 hr enduro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrgt said:
We did three pit stops and because of the mixed conditions we started on full wets and changed to hand grooved intermediates on the 1st pit stop as the rain stopped and the track dried ,we went to full slicks on the next stop and then changed the right front on the last stop . We did not have to change pads or rotors and the engine used about a litre of oil.
Not bad for six hours. How many laps/miles did you cover? I bet you used a lot of 100 octane fuel.

image_zps80edb0bc.jpg

It appears in the above photo that the wing angles on the two cars are set differently. Do you know what angle these were set to and if they are different why that would be? I am waiting for my first track day with my new G-Stream wing and have it set to 3 degrees per Dave at G-Stream's recommendation.

LS110 said:
image_zps80edb0bc.jpg

It appears in the above photo that the wing angles on the two cars are set differently. Do you know what angle these were set to and if they are different why that would be? I am waiting for my first track day with my new G-Stream wing and have it set to 3 degrees per Dave at G-Stream's recommendation.
The white 13 is set as it came from the factory , it has not been on the track. The 12 has more angle in it from the 6 hr race as it was raining most of the weekend, I would have to look at our setup notes as I don't recall what angle we ended up running .

bbrgt said:
The white 13 is set as it came from the factory , it has not been on the track. The 12 has more angle in it from the 6 hr race as it was raining most of the weekend, I would have to look at our setup notes as I don't recall what angle we ended up running .

It would be interesting to know if that much angle was added to increase down force due to the rain and yet willing to give up acceleration due to the extra drag this would cause. Not that I have any intention to be on the track in the rain.

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
Congrats Tim & Team!
When I bought my Yellow '12 Boss from Brown Bros I was told about enthusiastic dealership owners - 100% true and that's cool . I've been so happy customer of Brown Bros, especially on Mission Race Track day.
Do you plan to have another day this spring?

bbrgt said:
On Sunday the Brown Bros Racing Boss 302s won the 6 hour enduro at the Ridge Motorsports Park , beating a tough field of 31 competitors in varying conditions at this new facility in Shelton WA . The enduro unlimited class that the Boss was entered in had some fast cars including the 2nd place BMW M3 GTR , a Porsche Cayman R, an ex IMSA GTU RX7 , and a ex Grand Am GS class 911 .
The race start was wet with rain falling for the first hour and some severe flooding of 2 corners on the track , despite some light showers over the remaining 5 hours the track did dry out and the Boss led from the the 2nd hour until the finish .
The Boss ran without any problems and set the fastest race lap in the last hour of the event and took the the win after the chasing M3 had tire issues and had to pit with under 40 minutes left in the race

Thanks to my excellent co-drivers and great crew for all the hard work getting the car prepped and great pit stops during the race

Tim, congratulations to you and your Brown Brothers Ford team on this great win.

Obviously all of the years that you have been racing along with a well prepped Boss302S is a winning combination.

The next time I get into Vancouver hopefully we can get together. Each time I come by to see you at the dealership you seem to be on the road.

Great win.

Harry G.

:)

Usually run 3 degrees negative camber , 7.5 degrees caster and 1/8 toe out . I switched to a cortex watts link , no rear swaybar and upped the rear spring rate from 350 to 400 lbs . I also added the 2013 front lower control arms and bump steer kit . The car is very balanced right now and easy to drive but I am going to up the spring rates all around as I think it's a little too soft . Will test the spring changes in a couple of weeks at Pacific Raceways. Ran Pirelli 305/645/18 slicks on CCW 18x10.5 and 18x11 wheels , the Pirelli's are a awesome tire ,we ran a 1 hour enduro and a 30 minute race on one set and they did not drop off in grip at all .
Finished third in the 1 hour mini enduro behind a tube frame GT1 car and a Porsche GT3 Cup car and 2nd in the sprint race behind a tube frame GT1 car with a big power Chevy SB2 motor.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel