The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Build and Shipping Thread for your Focus ST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff said:
are we out of NY yet?

1FADP3L99DL224404

Yes. As of the January 3rd update:

In Transit - Received - Gg84 (United Road Service ) - Ramp 04, Ayer, MA - Jan-03-2013, 12:00 ET - ETA, Jan-06-2013

Sweet. How do you like it?

it's a very cool little car. should be a lot of fun.

my problem now, my boss is rolling 18" snows the st is rolling 19" summers. something is off here...

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Hey Jeff,
How do you like the white? I have been kicking the idea around for getting an ST2 as a DD. Kinda digging the Performance Blue. Also I apologize if its rude, but did you pay sticker or better yet under sticker? In my part of the universe dealers are being kinda hard on prices for a car I have only seen one of in the wild.

dealer sold it for x-plan no questions asked. they have a couple in the show room marked 4-5k off sticker the last i was there. I probably could have done better than x-plan but didn't care much figured that was a pretty good deal at the time.

I like the white. I sort of wish I went with the yellow one whatever it's called not sure why but either way they all look pretty good.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
If you can get the railroad car number, you can contact the various railroads to get automated reporting of where your particular car is. You have to be a little bit of a sleuth to get the automated location phone number for each railroad and some don't do that anymore. I contacted UP via their direct rail number (Do a google search and you can find threads that have it) and tracked my wifes car once it hit the UP system. It was on CSX for a while from the plant until the rail car was switched to UP for the ride to California. Once it was on UP, I could call any time of the day or night and track where it was. THAT WAS FUN!!! Being a rail fan, I know where the point of debarkation is so I went to the transload facility where I knew it would be offloaded and sat in waiting with my camera, once I knew that the railcar had arrived at "Destination". Of course, the yard folks are HYPER paranoid after 9-11 so wouldn't even think of letting you watch them offload directly but a keen eye on what was coming off of what ramp yielded the shot of my wife's ST3 coming off of the railcar:

focusrail.jpg

I knew that this was it as it was the only Tangerine Scream ST to come in that week and I knew when the railcar had hit the facility.

Here is a white Focus ST that came off the railcar right before my wifes. The date: December 6, 2012. Might be somebody here's White ST in Northern California!!!

whitestrail.jpg

When you are a FREAK like I am, you can add more dimensions of fun to buying a car!!! I am known around the dealership as the weirdo train guy with the camera as I transferred the picture to my smart phone and sent it to the dealer 5 minutes after I took it with a note that said "The Eagle has landed! When can we pick him up?!" The manager that we were working with told the driver to go and pick it up and he told her, "It ain't in yet!". She swung her monitor around with the above picture on it and said "Yes it is and here is the proof!" The driver looked at her and said "Where did you get that?!". She replied, "The new owner is a railfan". He just replied "Yeah, and a weirdo!".

John

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
That is indeed Benicia. You have to have a telephoto lens to get that angle as they wouldn't let me anywhere near the yard and you are trespassing at the fence. I was in a grove of weeds across the pond and it was a cold day.

Typically, it takes several days to get the car unloaded but I put a rush on the ST and it could have been HOURS until they got mine off the railcar. I was lucky to get these shots.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
jneary said:
That is indeed Benicia. You have to have a telephoto lens to get that angle as they wouldn't let me anywhere near the yard and you are trespassing at the fence. I was in a grove of weeds across the pond and it was a cold day.

Typically, it takes several days to get the car unloaded but I put a rush on the ST and it could have been HOURS until they got mine off the railcar. I was lucky to get these shots.

Grove of weeds. Love it. Really cool shots too.

TMO Supporting Vendors