The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Build or Buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Sheep: We know the Aquilentes. Andrew is fast beyond words. All their drivers are hot shoes.

Joe is a great guy and Phoenix knows how to build Mustangs and Vettes that win. They are expensive but worth it imho. As good as Kohr imho and Dean Martin is great.

They upgraded Thor from its original build which they said was great to begin with and according to Joe its faster than any of their S197s which is saying something.

They converted the Shelby to a full on race car. Beautifully done. JDM did the extensive motor work including cam, intake, throttle bodies etc...It’s putting out over 100 hp more than stock right know and safely too. It’s also still naturally aspirated!

Both cars have been reliable as anvils and are fast.

As you said they sell some of their cars from time to time. You may pay a little more but you will be getting a great car imho. Certainly cheaper than building one from the ground up yourself and likely better.
Thx for build info, the build matches
Thx for summary, It has the show car look and track prep all in one.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
A salvage title car....

Don't quote me on this, but I think at the time (around 2015) this car cost about $130K to build It has won more races than Doan's has pills and they still have it.

Your showing you age Blacksheep. Doan's little pills? Do they still make them?

Buy a car already set up and tweak it to your liking. Change out what you can afford or wish to depending on your budget. I'm almost embarrassed to tell anyone what I dumped into my pace car. No regrets mind you but in hindsight, if I only knew then, what I know now.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel