The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Build The Ultimate GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Oh, sorry you're correct they are 49 State and not CARB approved. Thanks for the assist.

Shame as Ford V8’s respond so well to Exhaust system improvements.

Gosh those CARB folks are tough! (But necessary)

The sad thing about being in California is that long tube headers are illegal on a emissions legal vehicle. The long tubes with kooks green cats would pass a sniff test and the work with the stock calibration. They would still be technically, illegal. Go figure. California living.....

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
The good side of living in Michigan, and especially in Detroit : nobody gives a s**t so you can enjoy en do whatever you want :)

The bad side? sometimes there are flying hubcaps aiming straight to your car and you can only brace yourself for impact :(

The good side of living in Michigan, and especially in Detroit : nobody gives a s**t so you can enjoy en do whatever you want :)

The bad side? sometimes there are flying hubcaps aiming straight to your car and you can only brace yourself for impact :(

Just don’t stop downtown for gas. I head there once in a while from Grand Rapids and I make sure to fill up outside of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The sad thing about being in California is that long tube headers are illegal on a emissions legal vehicle. The long tubes with kooks green cats would pass a sniff test and the work with the stock calibration. They would still be technically, illegal. Go figure. California living.....
Sad thing is that you can't even modify to make it 'greener'/cleaner, like an oil separator. :rolleyes:

21. More aero up front
I didn't see anyone specifically mention the canards. Far more advanced, elegant, and functional than any other designs for closed-wheel cars (IMO). Time in the wind tunnel was put to good use on these...

Exp. Type
HPDE
Oakland, CA
What about just wider stickier tires to take turns at more speed? F.e. what about 345 or more with a wide body kit and wide barrels, without all the weight saving tricks? I think turns are where most time is lost, so if the physics can be adjusted (make the car stick more) then that'll help a lot, and seems easier than a long list of modifications.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel