The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

Building a 2020 10 spd. Ecoboost for racing. Inputs?

Fair

Go Big or Go Home
Supporting Vendor
Plano, TX
just thought I'd throw this out there, it is possible to have too much downforce...
i-wHWNLvF-L.jpg
1600106720049.gif

hehe... Just like with tires, power, and lightness: The more aero the better. On slower tracks you can always trim out the wing to a low AOA.

DSC_7570-L.jpg
1600106720068.gif

I am always looking at the rules and running the largest chord / widest wing / mounted as high as allowed. Them trim it out to match the max allowed front aero and/or the particular track.

Can't wait to see the final weight of this one. Lightweight S550s are possible. :)
1600106720087.gif

ChuckBilodeau

TMO Intermediate
View attachment 58237View attachment 58234

hehe... Just like with tires, power, and lightness: The more aero the better. On slower tracks you can always trim out the wing to a low AOA.

View attachment 58238View attachment 58235

I am always looking at the rules and running the largest chord / widest wing / mounted as high as allowed. Them trim it out to match the max allowed front aero and/or the particular track.

Can't wait to see the final weight of this one. Lightweight S550s are possible. :)View attachment 58236
thanks for the input!!! Weight coming soon!

bob

TMO Advanced
sfo
Hey Chuck,

Paint the back rear window deck "black" so the reflections off the white don't prevent you from seeing me coming to pass you. 😃

TMO Supporting Vendors