The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bullitt HPDE toy Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back at MSR Houston for the S550 club track day. Around 20 or so S550s showed up and a few miscellaneous camaros, corvettes, and subarus showed up as well. Was able to run my old re71rs that have about 10- 30 minute sessions on them.

First lap times in the dry. Put down a whole string of 2:02 in the second session at about 70%. Turned it up to 80% the third session and went to 1:58 with a predicted of 1:57. All lap times showing some great consistency. Buddy with SCCA race experience was going 2:00 in his GT350, and last weekend another buddy was going consistent 1:54 with one lap in the high 1:52 range in his boss 302ls with significant mods.

For oranges to apples comparison an instructor level driver with 10k+ in mods to his sn95 has gone 1:48 (best time I have seen for a sn95).

Looking forward to April out there and will be gunning for the 1:55-56 range.

"Fast" lap starts at 17 min mark.

image2.png

thumbnail_image1.jpg

image0.png

thumbnail_image0.jpg

IMG_5739.JPG

Back at MSRH for Chin Track days event. Got a fellow with a new GT500 to bring his car out for his first track day at MSRH and second track day ever.

He had a blast and was able to go from running 1:59 to 1:47 by the end of the day!

Unfortunately my go pro recording skills were not great and I didn't record the laps where I was behind him making up the 10 car lengths he put on me in the straights in the braking zone/turns.

I was also able to hit my target time of 1:55.460 I mentioned in my last post. Looks like I may be able to go 1:54 if I run tires that don't have 14- 30 minute sessions on them.

Anyways here is a fun video of me tracking down a Porsche GT3RS after enough corners/ braking zones. Also at the end of the video I am shadowing my buddys yellow porsche when the porsche in front of his eats the tire barrier at 50-60 mph.

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

IMG_5745.JPG

IMG_5746.JPG

IMG_5747.JPG

IMG_5748.JPG

IMG_5751.JPG

image1.png

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel