The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bullitt HPDE toy Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First time poster on TMO. Not cool enough to have a GT350 or Boss 302, but have been enjoying running my 2001 Bullitt at HPDE's for the past 3-4 years. No mods to the car other than Stoptech sport pads. 68,000 miles on the car.

So far have driven the car to, and run at, Roebling Road, MSR Houston, Texas World Speedway, Hallett, Gingerman, MSR Cresson 3.1, and Harris Hill Road. Looking forward to hitting the new Eagles Canyon layout, COTA, and maybe Driveway Austin next year to finish out my Texas tracks that I want to run.

Anyone running an old sn95 on here? What size rims/tires are you using? 245/45/17 Super Sports are decent but could use a little bit more contact area.19148904_10212737548704403_4456373860315762438_n.jpg29749690_10215249940792635_2203640390717866188_o.jpg66861506_10218837887729066_869724812946178048_o.jpg

Looks cool to me. Welcome to TMO!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It will be either September or October 2020. @Bill Pemberton is the guy with his finger on the pulse of the event. Seriously, they even let guys like me ride around and occasionally spin around in the alfalfa! It's a great event.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
It's a great event.

What Tyme said.

We had cars which were new and barely broke in to a 1969 GT500 at this years event. Show and shine had a survivor Boss429 and other restored classics.

Want to see what is coming out the next year, go to the roundup. The GT500, 2020 model was impressive to see this year. Any Ford is welcome. Bring a good attitude and an appetite. I never bought a meal this year. Breakfast came with the room and lunch and dinner was at the track. Banquet and charity auction on Saturday night.

Elevation change?? Nope. But you can see Kansas from the track....It's only about a 100 miles away. o_O

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Bullitt,

There isn't any elevation change, but there are actually a couple of blind corners and it does have a lot more speed than folks initially estimate. Feel free to call me or email me for any information. The event has been held in the middle of September each year, but the track is looking at possibly changing to the first week in October in 2020 to avoid conflicts with some of the National events ( early Sept. the Solo Nationals in Lincoln and the NASA Championship in the middle of Sept. for examples )

Bill Pemberton
402-677-5864
[email protected]

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The Bullitt was the first post MustangII mustang where I saw Ford was "Getting it" again. The car looked, acted and sounded like the mustangs we remembered from the first Muscle Car Era.
If I can find a place to park one, I would like to get a clean 2001 Bullitt.

Ive got some Steeda wheels that have perfect offset for your Sn95. You can run 275 square all day long. Plenty of options for tires in that size. There 18x9 with 28 offset. Ive ran Nitto Nt01's on them with great results. Also have some Hawk track pads for your PBR calipers that will flat out get the job done. Not for street use on them.Pm me if your interested. When I bought this race car it had a built 2v motor in it. That motor is since been replaced with a Boss roadrunner motor/T56 trans set up.IMG_1028.JPG

Ive got some Steeda wheels that have perfect offset for your Sn95. You can run 275 square all day long. Plenty of options for tires in that size. There 18x9 with 28 offset. Ive ran Nitto Nt01's on them with great results. Also have some Hawk track pads for your PBR calipers that will flat out get the job done. Not for street use on them.Pm me if your interested. When I bought this race car it had a built 2v motor in it. That motor is since been replaced with a Boss roadrunner motor/T56 trans set up.

Nice, 275 square is what I am looking at. Thinking about the enkei rpf1 17x9 with 22mm offset. 16lbs per rim compared to 22+lbs for most other rims. According to tire rack they fit over my brakes. Will see if I feel like spending 2500$ on rims and tires for a sub 10,000$ car after Christmas.

I would love to get a 5.0 in this one, can really roll on the throttle with around 240 whp but would like a little bit more to chase down the gt350s and boss 302s on the straights.

Just going from memory here, but I would think you want a little more positive offset on the New Edge Mustangs vs. the SN95's. The rear axles are longer and the front spindles push the wheels further out on the New Edge cars.

Its hard to read the offset on these Steeda wheels there a 26 or 28? But with the offset and backspacing it made them a great fit for a Sn95 from 1999-04. Steeda got it right. Everything clears perfect. They were on a Steeda factory numbered car from 2002 that had the same calipers you have. I went with the Enkei RPF1 as you can see in the pic in a 18 inch. The pads I have for you are the Hawk DTC 70 for your front. They have 3 practice laps on them. There at 99%. Im running your front PBR calipers on the rear of my car. With Alcon type B calipers on the front. These DTC 70 pads were too much pad to run on the rear of my car but perfect for your front. I went back to a stockish rear pad compound. They will work great on your car with the stock Bullitt calipers. I would take 600 for all 4 wheels. Plus shipping. There a good set of wheels for street and track. If your looking to save a few bucks they might be a good option.
The Coyote swap is big money and don't think its worth it on your car. I would buy a 2011-2014 Mustang gt before I would do that to your car.A free flowing exhaust/Cai and a tune is all I would do for power on your car. No reason you can't get 260 rwhp on that set up. There is plenty of options for the suspension on your car as well. I would brace the shiznit out of that subframe if it was mine. Kenne Brown has the best kit for that. Lighter flywheel and aluminum driveshaft will surprise you. Motor will spin up a lot faster on that 2V motor. Thats really all that the Roush and Saleen Mustangs had in that era that made a big difference. Plus better springs and dampners.

TMO Supporting Vendors