The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bureaucracies gone wild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is what happens when unelected government officials with little or no oversight make rules.
Besides vitally important regulations such as..
" how much noise a tire makes" they have now come up with this little gem. Think how much fun it is to follow 2 semi trucks, side by side, when one of them has a 1 mph speed advantage, and you start to see the problem.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
That's one of the reasons the bureaucrats are so in love with autonomous vehicles.
I support truckers but there are some morons out there. I was following two of these idiots up the Kansas turnpike, a set of doubles in the slow lane and a set of triples in the fast lane. I'd guess it took the triples about five miles to get by the doubles. Would have killed that idiot to lift off the throttle for 5 seconds and let the guy by. I will always back off the throttle and even touch the brakes to let them roll by. Too many people not willing to let someone in or give them a bit of room. Damn near like the last laps at Daytona.

The problem with bureaucracy is that the only way a bureaucrat can justify their job is by making it increasingly complicated. A free market highlights what’s important through revenue and profit. A bureaucrat doesn’t have that feedback loop of value, so they replace it with artificial complexity.

I bet the autonomous/ AI “revolution” will spark at least one new government agency to “protect us from ourselves.”

TMO Supporting Vendors