The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Burp Cooling System with Airlift?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey All,

I suspect I may have an air pocket in my coolant system. I'd like to put an airlift/vacuum on the system to pull out any air. I see all the instructions and references I can find say to start with an empty system. Can I just pull vacuum on a full system and expect that it will pull out any trapped air? Sorry for the newb question only ever filled and burped a coolant system the old fashioned way. Thanks in advance.

Have u tried the procedure like when u isntall a new radiator to let it gargle open? Also have u tried to "squeeze" some of the tubes?

Yes. But with fluidyne triple pass, boxed radiator and 948 oil cooler still got to 230CHT at buttonwillow with ~88* ambient temp. 9/10 pace. I would have expected it to be 15-20* lower so want to make sure there's no trapped air in the system.

Awesome thanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel