The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Buttonwillow Raceway Park CW13 Track Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Unreal whiner in the Slowburoo!!! As with taste ,where smell is the sensation that elicits the pleasure of so many things we eat, sound has the Pavlovian Dog effect on many of us that race. I loved hearing all the beasts run in the background, but was getting more and more into the Tesla listening to the song of the Michelins. Definitely not as pleasant as the roar of a V8 , but a precursor to what may make things an easier step over for EV owners who want to track? Sure ,it is not the same, but as a realist there will be plenty of folks out there running Electric machines in the future, and I hope to see them on a road course. Speed is the drug, sound is a benefit to what we own, and it will likely be a tough transition, but old man that I am , I hope to be able to run both types of track vehicles in the coming years? Pretty sure Mister STi ( slower time idiot ) will be the object of major smackdown for his little hissy fit, and he better wake up that others will be coming to play in his sandbox . Whipping up on him will be to everyone's joy -- EV of Petrol , he will be coming down, I predict.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I'll be there next weekend running that config on Saturday so that is helpful...although I also have video from some extremely fast drivers there to study :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Is there a GT350 or Gt500 in Arizona's future????...Is he keeping the Boss???...Only #41 knows.............
Lol.

I was planning on getting a GT350 back in 2016, then my tow vehicle blew up. Spent the 350 money on a 2015 Super Duty. At this rate I'll probably miss the S550 generation altogether. But used vehicles are always cheaper down the road...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
This is my personal study guide:

Very fast driver in a Corvette. Don't think he's racing anymore but definitely set the benchmarks on the west coast.

TMO Supporting Vendors