The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Buying a GT350? What's your plan? POLL:

When will you order/buy a GT350?

• You're kidding right? I'm keeping my BOSS or Mustang GT!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I'll place my order as soon as the order banks open

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • I'll wait until the ADM frenzy dies down late in the first year of production

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • I'll wait until the second year of production

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I'll wait and pick up a nice gently used garage queen

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just curious for those that want to buy a GT350 if you will purchase right away or wait.

I'm waiting until the second year as I'm still having too much fun with my Boss. I ordered my Boss when the order banks opened on 11/19/10 and waited 8 months for my car to arrive. That was after the first dealer that accepted my order added a $5K ADM once my car started production. :mad: I found one local to me at sticker but had to wait another three months for it to arrive. I'm not doing that again.

In addition I'm a bit concerned about getting the FPC engine during the first year of production. If there are any bugs they should have them resolved in the second year. ;)

NFSBOSS said:
In addition I'm a bit concerned about getting the FPC engine during the first year of production. If there are any bugs they should have them resolved in the second year. ;)

The wheels of automotive engineering turn slowly. I had a hard time buying the Boss becasue they only had one year of production behind them at the time. I usually wait at least two years. Significant problems that appear in the first year are not often addressed in the next model year. Even seemingly minor changes year-to-year can cause big problems. I'm dealing with a Jeep issue right now that was caused by very minor engineering and supplier change on a static part of the 3.6L engine. The problem occurred all the way through the 2014 model year and now is being reported on 2015's.

I like my Boss, I'd like to see what these GT350's are capable of, I'm still not sold on the fact that they're going to be light years ahead of the 12-13 Boss. Sure, they will obviously be quicker in the hands of a professional driver, but I'm still not sold on them. Also, I'm not one to buy into all the hype and dealer mark up on the first go-around...

It will be fun to spank a few on the track in the Boss! :p

NFSBOSS said:
Just curious for those that want to buy a GT350 if you will purchase right away or wait.

I'm waiting until the second year as I'm still having too much fun with my Boss. I ordered my Boss when the order banks opened on 11/19/10 and waited 8 months for my car to arrive. That was after the first dealer that accepted my order added a $5K ADM once my car started production. :mad: I found one local to me at sticker but had to wait another three months for it to arrive. I'm not doing that again.

You're more patient than me. I agree with both you and coboss, but it won't matter. Mine will be ordered as soon as it's available, modded before I take delivery and getting hammered on the track so I can suffer through all the bugs again :p You'd think I'd get tired of beating my head against brick walls.

I already found a local dealer that will get one to me at MSRP and I am #1 on their list. We emailed back and forth a little bit, then I went in to meet the salesman and get him my info. I had talked to the salesman/dealer that I bought my 2013 Boss from at least 2 months ago about the GT350. I dorped them a line the day the car was revealed by Ford. They then told me that I was 3rd on the list! When do we think order banks will open up?

jlwdvm said:
I already found a local dealer that will get one to me at MSRP and I am #1 on their list. We emailed back and forth a little bit, then I went in to meet the salesman and get him my info. I had talked to the salesman/dealer that I bought my 2013 Boss from at least 2 months ago about the GT350. I dorped them a line the day the car was revealed by Ford. They then told me that I was 3rd on the list! When do we think order banks will open up?
They haven't even announced pricing, production numbers or allocation method yet. Based on the numbers I'm hearing, the production totals for the regular GT350 are barely one for every North American dealer and a small fraction of that for the R. Many dealers likely won't even get one let alone three. Some of the higher volume dealers will likely get a handful. I am guessing order banks won't open for several months and first ship is probably a year out. Hopefully when they announce the R we will hear more about availability.

cloud9 said:
You're more patient than me. I agree with both you and coboss, but it won't matter. Mine will be ordered as soon as it's available, modded before I take delivery and getting hammered on the track so I can suffer through all the bugs again :p You'd think I'd get tired of beating my head against brick walls.

What will become of your Boss. From what I've read you have a ton of T&M in that car.
Your a better man than me with already thinking of how your going to Mod a GT350. If I could afford one, I would be thinking on how can I park this car in the living room...Lol
I truley wish that you have way better luck in your mods on the 350 than what you went thru with the Boss. Will you be ordering a 350R? Please post on BMO so we all can see and follow your GT350 build. One last question. What color will be checked on the order form?

Good Luck and Motor On.

superhero said:
What will become of your Boss. From what I've read you have a ton of T&M in that car.
Your a better man than me with already thinking of how your going to Mod a GT350. If I could afford one, I would be thinking on how can I park this car in the living room...Lol
I truley wish that you have way better luck in your mods on the 350 than what you went thru with the Boss. Will you be ordering a 350R? Please post on BMO so we all can see and follow your GT350 build. One last question. What color will be checked on the order form?

Good Luck and Motor On.
It was more an issue of working through some of the items that needed to be upgraded for serious track duty. It mostly came down to engine wiring harness, clutch and cooling upgrades. Every car has its issues that need to be addressed and upgraded as they get pushed and I'm guessing the GT350 won't be any different. That's the advantage of patience or the price you pay for early adoption.

As far as color it's hard to say until they announce them, but the silver and black looks pretty good :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel