The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Buying new tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

Im looking for new set of tires .. My car has full boltons

I will be doing some drag racing, autocross and trac racing ...

What r the best tires that u c will do me good ??

Here we have toyo r888s , nitto invos, nt05 and michelin tires

Other brands r ordered here .

Regarding the drag racing .. It will be only on the streets so no drag strip and mostly 20-60 km/h rolling

What options do i have ?? I want really good tires that suits my needs and i dnt mind the discomfort

Thanks in advance

If you're looking for one set of tires to do it all then look at Michelin PSS if you drive in the rain and if you don't drive in the rain look at Yokohama AD08R. The Toyo R888 doesn't get good reviews on our cars due to the weight. They seem to work fine on lighter cars.

NFSBOSS said:
If you're looking for one set of tires to do it all then look at Michelin PSS if you drive in the rain and if you don't drive in the rain look at Yokohama AD08R. The Toyo R888 doesn't get good reviews on our cars due to the weight. They seem to work fine on lighter cars.

Here its hot and weather is mostly dry . ( few days of rain a yr ) and i wanna compete with mu car ... So dont you think that the r888 will perform better than the AD08R or the michelin PSS ?? Cuz the r888 are semi slicks and tey look like reall comp tires ...

I've also seen the nitto nt05 and the hankook rs3 ( or sumthin like that ) .. How r they compared to those others ??

And i dnt think that the nt05r or te nt55r or any other drag tires will be good for autocross or track driving right ??

Im asking to get more info and to learn from u, i know ur the master lol and i respect what ur going to say

Thank you sir,

I don't have any experience with NT05 or R888 so maybe others will give their opinions. I've used RS3's and PSS and my friend runs AD08's. From test results they are all pretty close as far as lap times with the AD08's being the fastest in the dry. I liked the PSS better than the RS3 on track mainly because the PSS are more controllable at the edge and when they break loose they communicate well. If you're considering R888's then you could also consider Nitto NT01's or better yet Hoosier R6's. I've met a few guys that run R6's on the street with their FGT's but that's out of my budget! ::)

My vote would be for a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 but I'm a bit biased as that is what I use 8)

If acquiring the Bridgestone's is not an option then I would stick with either the Michelin PSS or look for a set of BFG Rival's if you can.

You can't go wrong with any of these 3 options IMO

Michelin PSS are one of the best for sure.

I was going to give these a try in 3K miles or so. Mickey Thompson Street Comps. I've heard great things about them for a good all around tire. I've talked to 2 people who have them on 2013 Mustangs and are very happy. They look super aggressive in person.

mickey-thompson-street-comp-promo_480p_t.jpg

IMG_8868.jpg

DEye

You can't get there from here...
+1 on the R11 for a street /lapping tire ( if you don't want to swap tires) -the people at our last DRENCHED event were doing very good with the Rival's

2013dibgt said:
My vote would be for a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 but I'm a bit biased as that is what I use 8)
or look for a set of BFG Rival's if you can.

Do these tires grip for street drag racing ??

Im looking for a tire that grips in street drag , handle the car in autocross and give me lots of fun in track curves .

So ad08r , michelin pilot ss and those mentioned will handl the car with no losses of traction ??

Mu car will be going for full bolt ons and i may take off the cats and resonators

How wide can i go for fronts and back ? I have the oem boss wheels and my suspension is oem ...

For track and autocross what is the recommended sizes to put ??

I need to know how wide i can go fronts and rears ? And whats the best width setup ??

They say here that i can go 305 rear but is that true ? And do i go for it or not ?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I too run the Conti Extreme Contact DW's. I like then a lot. Still have then on my Stock wheels, and will change them over to my FRPP Forges wheels next summer. Running Proxies1 now with the new wheels, but the Boss feels better with the DWs.
2 HP

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel