The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

C-stripe question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There's a '12 Kona Blue for sale with all the white stripes, hood scoop trim, and white top covering removed. What and how much $ is involved in replacing just the c-stripe? I would never trust my dorky self to do it, I need a pro.

Ah you found one. Not sure but the stock stripes are expensive. You can go aftermarket which are a lot less expensive but they are not the same. I think the stock stripes will be $1K or close to it. Not sure about the labor to install them. That price does not include the hood decal either. Personally I'd leave the hood decal off. ;)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Jeezus! A grand for the stripe package before labor? Ford is really good at gouging! I just added the c stripes (knockoffs) to my gt for 115 and spent an afternoon in the driveway putting them on.

I wouldn't worry about FoMoCo original. Vinyl is vinyl...as long as the pattern is right, it will be exactly the same. Mine from American Muscle is spot on. Ask a vehicle wrap place if they would put everything on for you.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
NFSBOSS said:
The stock decals are much nicer than plain vinyl. They have a high gloss clear cover and are one piece. Aftermarket may work just fine but they are not the same.
you are probably right. its probably a UV coated vinyl, which does cost more. I chose a flat black c-stripe, which doesn't have an option of UV coating, since it wouldn't be flat black any more.

I was told that the OEM decals are a clear vinyl with the printing on the the underside. Plus the OEM decals are a very high quality vinyl

boss man said:
I was told that the OEM decals are a clear vinyl with the printing on the the underside. Plus the OEM decals are a very high quality vinyl

I will have to disagree. I had one blow apart on my driverside door while washing the car. I had the nozel over 2 feet away and it just ripped it to shreds. Ford would not warranty it and insurance claimed it was a defect and not a covered loss. Hence...the white NASA sticker over my bottom driver door decal!

The passenger side had issues too. After a rain storm I noticed several buddled behind the decal on the door. I was able to push them out but it left a small crease.

Is this Boss in San Antonio? I saw one at a Ford dealer with all stripes removed, but the roof was still painted White.

TMO Supporting Vendors