The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

California Fires -- how are all our TMO Members out West faring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I know we have a lot of members out in California and the wildfire situation is beyond imagination for many of us, so please , those of you in the Golden State, chime in and let us know you are okay? Hopefully your Stangs are safe and secure too, but this is unprecedented and it would be great to get a head count so we know our friends are safe and sound?!?!

Way more fires out west than I ever heard of in past years.With the dryness and high winds, those fires spread and hit neighborhoods like a tidal wave! People burned alive in their cars trying to escape.I wish the best for all those trying to cope with this disaster.

It’s very sad what happened in Paradise. A town of 20,000+ was completely wiped out. It’s gone. I’m about 90 miles south and the air quality is horrible. The image below is from last Sat and that’s the highest reading I’ve ever seen by a fair margin. I hope all TMO members and their families are safe.

5A54E34D-8F0A-43E4-99E3-4066FB828810.png

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I suspect a lot more celebrities have been affected than TMO members I know personally. I certainly hope none of our members are affected NorCal or SoCal.

Neil Young's house was also destroyed.

I've had some clients and projects out in Thousand Oaks...

I pray for them all. Big fires affect everyone out here. Most of the time the rest of the country doesn't notice. Thanks for noticing Bill.

All is well in Morgan Hill. I had to respond to a fire on Friday caused by the 4th head on collision by my house in the last eight weeks though. Three caused fires, and the fourth was a fatality.

The weather forecasts are calling for a 50% chance of rain locally around Thanksgiving. Can't come soon enough.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have friends/customers in Chico, Paradise, Malibu, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills, Oxnard, and Santa Monica in the direct areas. Surrounding areas to the fire threaten close to 150 friends , and many I have contacted are ok, but no answer from the two I know in Chino and Paradise , so definitely of major concern to me. I do hope folks on the Forum let us know they are okay, as there are many of you that we are not sure exactly where you reside in Cali.

Prayers for so many and the losses are beyond the scope of our imaginations - unreal!!

Glad to know Grant, Voodoo, and Fat Boss are ok!

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Terrible images on the TV, we went through major fires here in Chile in 2016 with many houses gone but luckily with fewer deaths..... It looks like the North and South Pacific coasts are in for hotter, drier times!

All the best wishes for those affected and I hope they can get back on their feet as soon as posible.

Saw on the news today a lady saying she never in her life saw a fire move so fast and devastate her neighborhood. Wind and dryness help create this to happen. Some people don't realize how bad this is until it comes and attacks them.My thoughts and prayers are there for the folks looking over their shoulder out west..............Many have lost everything!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
To put in perspective , we now have a higher loss of life than during Hurricane Michael ! We understand the potential losses coming from Hurricanes/Tornados , yet the severe danger of fire is seldom more dramatically portrayed than when we experience a disaster of this scope? Unbelievable to so many, but absolutely no less devastating to people and communities , than weather related occurrences we often have some time to plan? Scary and so many folks are in the very same need and care as those from Mexico Beach and other towns destroyed by Hurricane Michael.

TMO Supporting Vendors