The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

California smog inspection and the track key

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'll have to smog my my sby 13' soon because I bought it out of state and I need to register it in CA. I had the track key program installed by the dealer when I took delivery. Anyone know of any issues with the CA Bureau of Automotive Repair smoging one of these with the program installed. I only use the key on the track.

I believe you should have received a decal in the mail to attach to the strut tower that will take care of all the emissions questions they may have.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Seriously, use the black key for the test. None of the settings are changed when using that key and there should be no problems. There should be a label that is attached in the engine compartment with Track Key but that should have shown up after the install in the mail. I wouldn't worry if you don't have it. Just use the Black Key.

John

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
jneary said:
Seriously, use the black key for the test. None of the settings are changed when using that key and there should be no problems. There should be a label that is attached in the engine compartment with Track Key but that should have shown up after the install in the mail. I wouldn't worry if you don't have it. Just use the Black Key.

John

This. Why even bother trying with the TracKey?

TMO Supporting Vendors