The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

calling Boss 302S owners... looking for specifics/ help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey, TMO.

I just picked up a 2014 Boss S. Probably going to track it a couple times a year at this point.

Looking for other 302S owners to connect with as to care and feeding. I'm sure there's a whole lot more than what is spelled out in the 19 page booklet.

Plus, I have tons of questions as around parts, production numbers/ details and such. Ford Racing's tech line was ZERO help and the dealers look at you like you're speaking another language.

Thanks in advance.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Wow that looks sharp. Is that a real RealTime PWC car, too?

If you want to lay out your questions here we might be able to answer some of them before the "real" 302S guys get here. :)

Yes, sir. I own two ex-WC RealTime SPEED cars and honestly will be vintage racing those 80% of the time.

This 302s came to my collection very much unexpectedly. It was FS locally for a while online and the price got ridiculously affordable so I had to take a look. Love at first sight. Never thought I'd own one.

Questions.
Were all 50 allocations built each year. 12, 13 and 14?

Anyone started a registration? Does anyone even care as its a race car?

Is there a spot online where all the difference are spelled out. Example. Battery located to trunk 12 vs. 14.

Ordering parts. Who and where? Example-Id like to pick up white '13 S logoed mirrors as my '14 flat black ones are boring.

First few questions.

Thanks for the help guys.

I would call Watson Racing for all of these questions. Ask for John Phillips. He will be able to answer your questions with regards to parts. Watson still actually sells slot of the parts that make your 302S special....

BT

Yes, sir. I own two ex-WC RealTime SPEED cars and honestly will be vintage racing those 80% of the time.

This 302s came to my collection very much unexpectedly. It was FS locally for a while online and the price got ridiculously affordable so I had to take a look. Love at first sight. Never thought I'd own one.

Questions.
Were all 50 allocations built each year. 12, 13 and 14?

Anyone started a registration? Does anyone even care as its a race car?

Is there a spot online where all the difference are spelled out. Example. Battery located to trunk 12 vs. 14.

Ordering parts. Who and where? Example-Id like to pick up white '13 S logoed mirrors as my '14 flat black ones are boring.

First few questions.

Thanks for the help guys.

Congrats, I own Boss 302R number 2 so I can be of some help.

50 Were built per year for the 302s

No registration as far as I know as most people bought the cars to race.

Sadly no where online where the differences are spelled out. But The wiring harness was changed in 12-13 and there were also minor updates in the wiring harnesses throughout the years.

Parts Id recommend Dean Martin at Kohr Motorsports, But most of the parts on the car are OEM Ford Production parts. Watson Racing is the company that actually assembled the 302S cars so they would also be a good resource.

Thanks for the info, the5.

Perhaps since the R and S's pro racing days are coming to an end, guys like us can begin piecing together the whereabouts of active and surving units. Figure the sooner folks start the better...

Thanks for the info, the5.

Perhaps since the R and S's pro racing days are coming to an end, guys like us can begin piecing together the whereabouts of active and surving units. Figure the sooner folks start the better...

Agreed. I bought Boss 302R 013 last year. Car is amazing.

It's no radical but it's incredibly well put together and it sticks to the track like glue in the corners.

Simply an amazing car.

Agreed. I bought Boss 302R 013 last year. Car is amazing.

It's no radical but it's incredibly well put together and it sticks to the track like glue in the corners.

Simply an amazing car.

Also, I spoke with Multimatic and found out there were only 23 302Rs ever built. If correct, that's pretty cool.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
I'm fairly sure the first boss 302s wasn't serialized. Paul Brown built it to campaign in pwc. I have the documentary on that and I also know that the car is being restored back to its former glory by its original owner and Co driver.

Nice fact, Mad302.

I'm willing to start a 302R and S registration if there isn't one already.

Perhaps the honchos here could set up a sticky at the top of this forum and I'll start a spreadsheet. Then away we go.

Tracking down a couple hundred cant be that hard, right?

JohnW#88 - sent you a private message. Long story short though, hoping to have a formal summary of B2S details in the 'not too distant future,' but there are a lot of moving parts involved with both present and former contacts from the multiple groups involved in their production.

Regarding parts, as others have stated, all of the appearance bits save the rear wing are best ordered through Ford dealers.

If you do a search of this forum, I believe someone has posted the contact information (or at least the company) for the graphics package and they can likely provide a new set of mirror graphics, then all you'd need to do is find a set of pre-painted take-off white mirror caps or order a set of unpainted caps through your dealer...

As to the B2S-specific components, I'll echo the previous members' recommendations for Watson Racing, Kohr Motorsports and Ford Performance.

When and where is your next event in your new B2S?

Was at Autobahn with the Northwoods Shelby Club this past weekend. Great weather, great people and the 302R continues to amaze me.

Pushed her a little and can't believe how well she is set up.

Awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_6435.JPG
    IMG_6435.JPG
    401.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6436.JPG
    IMG_6436.JPG
    613.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_7771.JPG
    IMG_7771.JPG
    572.3 KB · Views: 86

TMO Supporting Vendors